Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla moments

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
lol, let that be your worst disappointment with the 17" screen.
Luckily for me that is my only "complaint" :) My post was much worse, I kept correcting but I was too far into it to quit :(
In my 24 hours of ownership I have answered no less than 200 questions :) Only reason i'm here on TMC and not driving is because I have to work today.

When I first got my Model S nearly 2 1/2 years ago, I was one of only about 35 owners on Maui, so I had many "moments" with people who had never seen a Tesla before. Now, not so much. However, I did have one today. I have a friend with a food truck here on Maui (Bubba's Gourmet Dog Shack - good food and great people, located on the way to Big Beach), and I stopped by today for lunch. While there, a couple from northern British Columbia stopped at the food truck for some shave ice and ice cream. The husband, Al, noticed my shiny metallic blue Model S, asked if it was mine, and then told me how it was such a beautiful car! He started asking me various questions, but he did know a few things about it already. I showed him and his wife the frunk, of course, and the trunk too, as they didn't realize how much space was available. We talked for over 20 minutes, mostly about the car and what it could do and how it performed. I have to admit, I never get tired of that aspect of being a Tesla owner!

When I first got my Model S nearly 2 1/2 years ago, I was one of only about 35 owners on Maui, so I had many "moments" with people who had never seen a Tesla before. Now, not so much. However, I did have one today. I have a friend with a food truck here on Maui (Bubba's Gourmet Dog Shack - good food and great people, located on the way to Big Beach), and I stopped by today for lunch. While there, a couple from northern British Columbia stopped at the food truck for some shave ice and ice cream. The husband, Al, noticed my shiny metallic blue Model S, asked if it was mine, and then told me how it was such a beautiful car! He started asking me various questions, but he did know a few things about it already. I showed him and his wife the frunk, of course, and the trunk too, as they didn't realize how much space was available. We talked for over 20 minutes, mostly about the car and what it could do and how it performed. I have to admit, I never get tired of that aspect of being a Tesla owner!
Love Maui, in fact it's one of my favorite places on earth. Do you have a Service Center nearby?

Took delivery of a Model S 60 today, and 40 mins later had my first "Tesla Moment" - When I pulled into the driveway, the 10-year-old next door was mowing his lawn. While I'm pulling into my garage (and freaking out about swinging the turn safely in the new car), he hops off the mower and comes FLYING into the yard with the OMGISTHATATESLAISITYOURSCANIGOFORARIDE. We'll go for a ride soon...I need more practice getting into the garage!

Love Maui, in fact it's one of my favorite places on earth. Do you have a Service Center nearby?

@msnow, Honolulu has the only service center in the state, and my car has never been there. I was smart (although not as smart as I should have been), and bought the 4 year service plan with unlimited ranger visits. We have an awesome, dedicated ranger on Maui, and he has done the majority of the service I have needed. When I first got the car, they would send a couple of different guys from Oahu out to Maui. In fact, they added the battery shield to my car in my condo parking spot (My car was built 2 weeks before that was included)! When 4 years are up, I guess I'll see what happens.

• Funny
Reactions: msnow and ChadS
Day 1 with the new car and tesla moment!

I have the car charging at the charge point at the hotel we are staying at; I'm playing with the app standing a few feet from the car when the security guy comes over and says " are you blocked in?" Said "nope, just playing with my car". He walks over and was amazed how I could do stuff with the car in the app. He then notices the cable plugged into the charge port and says " what is this?" Long story short he was a young guy but had never heard of Tesla and knew very little about electric vehicles. The word "sick" came out of his mouth a couple dozen times as I showed him frunk, 17" screen and summon as well as many other things.

He says "does it have much power?" Told him to google "insane or ludicrous launch"

I had to wash my car last night after dinner (Florida torrential downpour+ road construction+ no drainage+ 2 aholes in pickup trucks=car covered in something terrible). My new ish next door neighbor was outside as I was finishing up. I asked him when he was going for a ride in it, he shrugged. So I said, let's go dry her off! Suddenly he became very animated, and asked if his wife had ever been in it. I said no, GO GET HER!

They are a young couple into NASCAR, so much so they bought a nice RV trailer they travel to races in. I'm not so sure those races will look quite as exciting to them now!

So, here's the deal: I was about to turn the corner near a local pizza joint and enjoying the cooler evening weather, had my windows open and sunroof open. In the parking lot of aforementioned pizza joint, were a handful of young adults with their cars. As I cornered, I heard the word "Tesla" but paid no mind to it or them. I merged with traffic and found myself at the next light. Here comes one of those cars - a 5.0 Mustang. I was minding my own business, but did notice several young men were in the car and one said to the others, "Man, it's a f***n' old lady!"

Huh? Me? Are they really referring to me? While I'm not sensitive about my nearly 67 years, no one's going to call me old, especially in that tone. I watched the cross traffic stoplight, scanned the area and waited for the light to change. In the forty mile an hour speed zone, it didn't take but two seconds to reach speed and I immediately slowed.

I looked in my rearview mirror and realized the hooligans in the 5.0 Mustang had stalled. LOL. When he finally caught up with me at the next light and yelled to me, "Hey, what the hell's in that thing?"

My response? "A 'f***in' old lady."

I had the car 2 days and It is very rare to see other ones here on Long ISland so i've been getting plenty of stares, questions etc.......Yesterday after work an S blew right by me. First time I had seen one in 2 months! Too fast to see if it was 90D but I snapped a pic.
tesla11.jpg

Reactions: hiroshiy
So, here's the deal: I was about to turn the corner near a local pizza joint and enjoying the cooler evening weather, had my windows open and sunroof open. In the parking lot of aforementioned pizza joint, were a handful of young adults with their cars. As I cornered, I heard the word "Tesla" but paid no mind to it or them. I merged with traffic and found myself at the next light. Here comes one of those cars - a 5.0 Mustang. I was minding my own business, but did notice several young men were in the car and one said to the others, "Man, it's a f***n' old lady!"

Huh? Me? Are they really referring to me? While I'm not sensitive about my nearly 67 years, no one's going to call me old, especially in that tone. I watched the cross traffic stoplight, scanned the area and waited for the light to change. In the forty mile an hour speed zone, it didn't take but two seconds to reach speed and I immediately slowed.

I looked in my rearview mirror and realized the hooligans in the 5.0 Mustang had stalled. LOL. When he finally caught up with me at the next light and yelled to me, "Hey, what the hell's in that thing?"

That's my wife . . . didn't want anything to do with Tesla just a year ago. Now it takes a prybar to get her out of it!

Perfect! Just perfect! You go, girl!

Alan

• Love
Reactions: jrreno
It is my garage, and she used to love her Prius!

Funny how that works. My wife used to tell everybody how great her Prius was, especially after we converted it to a plugin.

But now she makes fun of them, and when I recently discussed replacing my Tesla (not hers! There is no way that is happening) with another EV, she objected and said "I think we are Tesla people now." So we have another Tesla on the way...

Do Tesla moments before getting the car count? Getting mine in 2 weeks (fingers crossed), and I have a waiting list of 16 people at work waiting to go for a ride after they heard I was getting one - I told two people and it spread like wildfire. Now my boss, his boss, and his boss are all on the list and may be buying one after our first drive together :) I spend a lot of time each day answering questions about it, usually with knowledge I got from obsessively reading this forum!