Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla moments

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Taking delivery today at 1 pm after the long, excruciating wait for this beauty.

Maybe not a tesla moment but not even a broken hand this morning will keep me from delivery!!!!

Good thing it has autopilot ;)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    396.5 KB · Views: 146
Waiting for my first tesla moment when I pick it up tomorrow.

Also that first time someone I know in the parking garage at the work sees me and asks what it is or any other work moments as I am not advertising it.

Don't want the "you make that much to afford that car?!??" And "we pay you too much if you are driving that"

I'm concerned about being seen as a deep pocketed snob too, though anyone who knows me knows I drove the same car for 24 years. They just assume correctly that I saved up for it.

Taking delivery today at 1 pm after the long, excruciating wait for this beauty.

Maybe not a tesla moment but not even a broken hand this morning will keep me from delivery!!!!

Good thing it has autopilot ;)

Ouch! were you jumping around in excitement and hit something?

I'm concerned about being seen as a deep pocketed snob too, though anyone who knows me knows I drove the same car for 24 years. They just assume correctly that I saved up for it.

Ouch! were you jumping around in excitement and hit something?

Rough housing with my 4 year old.

He won.

I've been driving one handed all day and damn is this piece of technology absolutely amazing.

After taking one of my co-workers for a drive the other morning I was then showing him the frunk. A lady was walking through the parking lot where I park (our building is overcrowded so I park across the street in the shade of a non-used building). She looks over as she's passing by then looks up at us and says "Where's the engine?". I responded, "there isn't one, it's fully electric". She says "Oooh!...Pretty car!" and keeps walking.

My co-worker looked and me and said, "if that wasn't the perfect setup for a Tesla commercial I don't know what is" and made a "the more you know" motion and whispered "Tesssllllaaaaa".

It was great!

After taking one of my co-workers for a drive the other morning I was then showing him the frunk. A lady was walking through the parking lot where I park (our building is overcrowded so I park across the street in the shade of a non-used building). She looks over as she's passing by then looks up at us and says "Where's the engine?". I responded, "there isn't one, it's fully electric". She says "Oooh!...Pretty car!" and keeps walking.

My co-worker looked and me and said, "if that wasn't the perfect setup for a Tesla commercial I don't know what is" and made a "the more you know" motion and whispered "Tesssllllaaaaa".

It was great!

I've shown people the amazing 17 inch screen, the summon feature, auto pilot and the thing that blows people away the most is the frunk. It is like they mentally cannot picture how this thing operates and its amazing to see their reactions and explain it.

I heard we aren't supposed to call it an "engine" so what do we call the thing in the rear of the car that makes it go???

"Engines" are heat powered. "Motors" are electric powered. That's why your old ICE had a Check Engine light, not a Check Motor light.

Well, really they can be the same thing:
An engine is "a machine with moving parts that converts power into motion."
A motor is "a machine, especially one powered by electricity or internal combustion, that supplies motive power for a vehicle or for some other device with moving parts."

As an example, your BMV/DMV regulates _motor_ vehicles.
There's quite a large company called General Motors that makes a lot more gasoline-powered vehicles than electric vehicles.
In the UK, a car is colloquially referred to as a "motor".

However, it's now become _common usage_ to say combustion engine and electric motor.

• Informative
Reactions: Old Wyseguy