Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla moments

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you do not think they aren't being serious about knowing how much it cost, you could always say a $100 raffle ticket...

My dialogues on this topic usually go something like this:

A random on the street - "Dude, how much is that car?"

Me - "I'm sorry man, it's not for sale..."

Usually this does the trick and they don't try to clarify themselves. Although the really confused ones just stand there for a while dumbfounded thinking of how to rephrase the question so the alien in his electric car will understand him better.

IMG_0211.JPG
Well, in owning a Tesla, at least, you are! :)
Welcome, and show us a picture (or two).

Here's a picture

I had to drop off my MS for service and got an ICE in return (Chrysler 300 woot woot! I won't miss her when I get my car back...):

1) I left the engine running the first time I exited the ICE.
2) Then on the highway, I caught myself with the foot off the gas while @ 65mph since I am so used to relying on TACC. Thankfully there was no traffic when the car started slowing down "on its own".

• Funny
Reactions: tmarcc
I'm at a red light and a red metallic Maserati pulls up next to me. I check it out, it was truly a beautiful looking car. My next thought was it's only a Maserati; I'm in a Tesla!

I was at publix the other day loading the groceries into the car, when a white Ferrari 458 pulled up. Beautiful car, that I would love to have. Then as I slide into the cockpit of the Tesla I think to myself, naaaa. I'll get the P100D before that any day. Once you go electric you'll never go back.

I didn't originally think of this as a Tesla moment, but the mention of the Ferrari above reminded me of this. Over this past Labor Day weekend I was at Summit Point Raceway (WV) for the weekend. It's a big charity weekend for our region of the SCCA. Saturday and Sunday they do exotic car laps for charity during lunch break. I had my S there and told them that if anyone wanted to ride in the Tesla, I'd be more than happy to take them out. There was a Lotus Elan, Ferrari F430, C7 Corvette and a Cobra replica, so I really didn't expect anyone to choose the Tesla. A young girl (10?) wanted to go out, but wouldn't go without her mom and the Tesla was the only car with a back seat. I was more than happy to oblige, for charity and all. When I came back in, there was a ~15ish year old boy waiting for the Ferrari. When he saw the Tesla, he changed his mind and wanted the ride in my S. Some sort of odd satisfaction comes from someone preferring a ride in the Tesla over the Ferrari.

Once you go electric you'll never go back.

This is so true for me. Sure there are more exotic and better looking cars out there in my opinion but I just can't see ever going back to a gas car. EVER!

I really hope Tesla gets into the truck business soon as those new Colorados by Chevy are beautiful for a truck and I miss having a truck and a car but cannot and will not ever go back to an ICE.

My wife's Jeep Renegade is painful to drive when she steals my Tesla. The Model 3 can't come soon enough to replace it :)

Three mini moments:
1. At the guardhouse at work a new guard notices the handles are flush and asks how they work. So I push park and (of course) they present themselves and he's blown away . . long line, no time for Tesla talk.
2. At our last car show a man approached my wife and says, "You don't remember me do you?" When she said no, he indicated he was in the new Corvette pulling onto the highway next to us after the last car show we were at. My wife told him she was trying to get him to punch the vette to challenge us. He said, "I WAS punching it!"
3. A business owner nearby told me last night that having our Tesla in the drive improves the property values in the neighborhood.

When he saw the Tesla, he changed his mind and wanted the ride in my S.
I love this and it reminded me of another moment this week. I have a patient whose mom was discussing a Range Rover event in London when they were on vacation where her 14 year old son got to drive the car off-road. Discovering he was a car guy, I ask if he's ever been for a ride in a Tesla? He responds no and immediately begins grinning because he knows what my next question is going to be. I ask if he would like to go for a ride. So we setup a date this past week where I could swing by his house after snagging the car from my wife. In the week that elapsed since the invite, the mom says all he has talked about is gettting to go for a ride in a week and he has been watching YouTube videos non stop. I spend 30 min with him showing him all of the features, quiet but very polite kid who asked occasional questions but mainly kept to himself. That is until I pulled out of his neighborhood on to the highway. I always tell everyone this is the slowest Tesla they make, don't expect too much. When I punch it the Tesla grin instantly hits his face and he begins giggling. Made his day and made mine too.

This is so true for me. Sure there are more exotic and better looking cars out there in my opinion but I just can't see ever going back to a gas car. EVER!

Yea I always dreamed of having the Sunday driver supercar when I turn 50, but I'm pretty sure I would still reach for the Tesla fob. And I hear ya on the 3. I'm driving our 1990 Chevy pickup truck to work every day as the wife gets to take the Tesla. Come on Elon!

He said, "I WAS punching it!"

Yesssssss!!!!!

I was charging at the West Drayton SC (no other Tesla there) on Sunday night on my way back into London with a friend. Walking near the car stretching legs looking at the other models on the forecourt (they had a fully blacked out X, it looks awesome) a police car pulls in asking how long we will be there for. Initially thought they were checking us out since we were hanging around late at night around the cars (I'm 23, generally get the 'you don't look old enough to own one of these' comments) but turned out they just wanted to talk Tesla asking about charging, performance, price etc he never had the chance to stop in before. Just as they were leaving another 2 Teslas turned up and asked what was going on.