Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Motors Montreal won't be streaming model 3 launch.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Could it be because they will be closed? Montreal is ET while the reveal is PT. If the reveal event starts at say 7PM PT, that would be 10PM ET local time. I'm planning to setup a local event for the livestream in my area, which is also ET as I assume the Tesla locations will be closed at 10PM ET.

Of course this is all just speculation on the timing. I have no idea what time the event will be or what time the retail location will close on March 31st.

I find this quite odd... I called to ask whether or not they would be streaming it live and the response I got was no but I could watch in the parking lot out front with a computer. anyone find this odd? is Tesla shooting themselves in the foot?

Well if you remember the model x reveal event, which was delayed beyond imagination, watching on laptop is the best time saver,anxiously waiting for the event to start on time. .Well TESTA TIME.

My guess - they are just going by past reveals.

I don't think Tesla execs have decided how exactly they will handle the reservation etc. If they decide the best thing to do is to show the reveal at dealerships and take reservations, they will stream.

I was specifically told that I'd have to watch on a computer outside. That makes me think they'll stay open late. I think it'd be a good move to stream the event. Even if nobody shows up to watch in certain cities the staff will be better prepared to answer questions if they were to watch it.

I find this quite odd... I called to ask whether or not they would be streaming it live and the response I got was no but I could watch in the parking lot out front with a computer. anyone find this odd? is Tesla shooting themselves in the foot?

I believe someone else who called a store in the States received the same answer.

A huge factor to consider is we don't know how the reveal and reservations will work and the timing of the two.

Maybe the reveal is late evening PST and reservations are all day. Yes I agree that would be odd, but I'm just saying there are a number of possibilities, odd as they may be, that we may not be considering.

I called the Ferrier store today just to check for news and was told they still haven't received any word on specific scheduling of the reveal. However they are definitely expecting a numbers of us campers to arrive on the evening of the 30th and claim they will be opening at 9:00am sharp on the 31st to start taking reservations.

I plan to be at the Montreal store to reserve, just not sure I want to camp out to do it. Closest I've ever done something like that was standing in line at Best Buy on Boxing Day for a sale...

- - - Updated - - -

I plan to be at the Montreal store to reserve, just not sure I want to camp out to do it. Closest I've ever done something like that was standing in line at Best Buy on Boxing Day for a sale...