Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla not planning a Model S recall: CNBC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reposting from another thread:

I am wondering if removing default lowering of the car at highway speeds is the main reason 5.8 is being deployed at unusually high speed. Could it be that the promised Elon's post in response to the third fire incident is going to be posted tomorrow, and will mention the delete of default setting.

I really hope, though, that I will be able to turn this feature back on - like reduced power consumption and improved high speed stability!

Reposting from another thread:

I am wondering if removing default lowering of the car at highway speeds is the main reason 5.8 is being deployed at unusually high speed. Could it be that the promised Elon's post in response to the third fire incident is going to be posted tomorrow, and will mention the delete of default setting.

Thanks for the signpost. Members please note that there is a discussion thread on the topic here - Air-Suspension-no-longer-lowers-at-highway-speeds-(FW-update-v5-8)

In Rosetta stone posts #108 and #109 in this thread we see SwedishAdvocate and Johan have the same Avatar. It certainly cleared up up a lot for me as I most of time timebriefly look at the images and don't read the names.

One of you guys need to change. Flip the car the oher way or make th BG behind it black. :wink:

OT

Tesla/Elon has available crash data on their cars. They have service center reports, They could do Car-Fax on every car delivered and have customer feedback to know just how many cars have run over metal debris without incident.
Since I personally know FIVE Tesla owners (+plus one poster here on TMC) who have all run over things like a metal ladder, a T shaped large steel pipe and welded I-beams, without and fires that Tesla must know even more than that worldwide and that the cars do fine most of the time and the two fires are statically small and not worth a redesign.

In Rosetta stone posts #108 and #109 in this thread we see SwedishAdvocate and Johan have the same Avatar. It certainly cleared up up a lot for me as I most of time timebriefly look at the images and don't read the names.

One of you guys need to change. Flip the car the oher way or make th BG behind it black. :wink:

But my version of the fictitious Tesla Sports Wagon is dark grey, while Johan’s Sports Wagon is green… :wink:

(I actually wanted to make it silver metallic with aero wheels, but didn’t have the Photoshop chops for it. And I still don’t… :redface: )

Last edited: