Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla offering insurance next month

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What is the coverage?

Is this what you are looking for?

s2YDct8.gif

The problem that I see is you can only do one car at a time so not sure you get the multi car discount, my quote for the X was almost double my current rate.

I don't have any other cars and my quote was still double also.

Please, someone show me how they came up with 30% savings.

Sounds like the same kind of BS as saying service centers aren't a profit center.

Yeah but that was some partnership with Liberty Mutual. I looked into it when it was first announced. The rates were horrible. It looks like this time around Tesla will be tackling it themselves and not necessarily partnering with another insurance company.

As suspected, it looks very much like a repeat of previous 2017 Tesla Insurance campaign but people just have short term memory and think this time it would be different: 30% better!

So far, the rate is no better!

After getting the "Algorithm update in progress" message for a couple of days, I was finally able to get into their insurance site. I adjusted the coverage to more closely match my existing CSAA policy (which is multi-vehicle, plus I have home insurance through them). After seeing the comments here and in other threads about getting much higher premium quotes than with existing insurers, I was pleasantly surprised that my Tesla quote is about 20% less per year than what I currently pay. I don't have EAP/AP/FSD on my car, so I wonder if having those would have reduced my quote even more.

I've used CSAA for decades and they've been hassle-free as far as being able to get in touch with an adjuster after an accident and getting repairs done. That's kind of an unknown right now with newcomer Tesla Insurance.