Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Owenrs Club Dashcam Group Buy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys - I'm having problems with my Dashcam. For some reason, I cannot get it to broadcast wi-fi to my i-phone. I've gone through the setup- 14 times now. I've talked with DashCam store (very helpful folks) and they walked me through it without success. I sent in the camera and just got it back from being handled by the factory and it passed all their tests. and still, it fails to broadcast a wI-fi signal. So now I'm thinking its the receiver (my phone) and not the broadcaster (camera). Went to a restaurant and my phone showed a dozen other sites broadcasting. So it seems as though my phone receives, just not from DashCam. Is there a phone setting that could be ignoring just DashCam? (forget this network? that needs to be reversed?)
Help - I'm entering scream mode!! My DashCam DID connect to my home equipment when I first got it. I downloaded some videos of a hit-and-run. And then it would not again talk to my phone.
What happened? and how do I fix it?

The first step- fails. It requires Dashcam to appear on my wi-fi page in order to have an (i) information button beside it. My failure happens before this step.
the second step - I sent the camera back to Dashcam and just received it. They say "all is fine". Yet still cant get to phone wi-fi.
Will now try to get wifes phone to connect.

The first step- fails. It requires Dashcam to appear on my wi-fi page in order to have an (i) information button beside it. My failure happens before this step.
the second step - I sent the camera back to Dashcam and just received it. They say "all is fine". Yet still cant get to phone wi-fi.
Will now try to get wifes phone to connect.
wifes phone behaves just like my phone - nothing I do seems to get camera to broadcast to cell phones wi-fi settings.

Curious fellas. With your 750S, do they get real hot? Mine gets pretty hot to the touch. Wondering how long they will last since there doesn't seem to be any cooling measures as our cams are on 24/7

Just a thought: depending on how you have your dashcam wired, if you park your car indoors at night, you could turn the power off, to allow if to cool and then power it back up the next time you leave your garage.
The OBD connector I found, referenced in post #106 has a power on/off button that allows you to shut the dash cam off when parked.