Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla owner configurations begin

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do we know for certain that the "First Production" interiors will come only in black? What is the source of that information? Could that change? I ask because my wife is dead set against a black interior -- too hot. Also, are the seats fabric? I haven't seen much discussion about that on the website.

Do we know for certain that the "First Production" interiors will come only in black? What is the source of that information? Could that change? I ask because my wife is dead set against a black interior -- too hot. Also, are the seats fabric? I haven't seen much discussion about that on the website.
Yes, they currently only come in black.There's no option to choose another color at this time. In the future, other options will be available. Since cars can currently only be ordered with PUP, they will not have fabric seats.

Reactions: T34ME

100% black for first production. White to be avail soonish (was "Fall 2017", now who knows).

Fake leather only. Fabric would be the non PUP package.

It's all available readily on the Model 3 information landing page.
Hmm . . . Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong place, but all I see there about the interior is
  • Premium heated seating and cabin materials throughout, including open pore wood décor and two rear USBs
Nothing about black only, fake leather, white to be available soon. Also, when I go to the Delivery Estimator, it lists the First Production features, but no detail about what colors and materials are actually being offered. Is it on a different page?

11-21-17 reports, time is of post in this thread unless otherwise noted...
danzgator (M3OC) 7:12am
GasDoc 8:59am
Bradleybang 10:03am
Shuji 10:21am
tenstringer009 10:31am
bonnie 12:33pm
raptorweb 12:36pm
GarrickS 12:37pm
Gr8Pursuit 12:45pm
KL670 12:45pm
Lump 12:52pm
nikeykid 1:14pm
smartypnz 4:06pm, different TMC thread
daboys2007 4:51pm
vangogh 5:03pm
slickrock 8:06pm
smorgasbord 8:15pm

17 now.

11-22-17
Sparky 1:40pm (woohoo!) Ordered at Burbank store; late in afternoon 3/31.