Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla owner configurations begin

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats to everyone that got an opportunity to configure.

As a FL owner, I'm assuming it will be Feb-Mar Config with April Delivery....hopefully. white seats by then.

Black is just too hot for FL or NC.
I bet you'll get yours pretty soon... if they are saying thousands per week by end of December, or mid January at the latest, then you'd be in that timeframe. There aren't THAT many owners that want first config.

Also, I'm in NC (mountains) but black doesn't concern me much since the car will not let it get too hot inside.

If I understand correctly, there were over 100K orders placed in the first couple of days yet on the three forums sites I have been following there appear to be less than 20 total invites. Is this because other invitees don't follow any of the forums or because only 20 or 30 invites have been sent or because many are deferring their purchase?

Is this because other invitees don't follow any of the forums or because only 20 or 30 invites have been sent or because many are deferring their purchase?
So far, the invitations reported here all have the criteria Tesla outlined for early priority:
-current Tesla owner;
-reserved in store or at the reveal event (earlier than on-line opportunity);
-located in CA
I don’t know how many reservations that represents, but I suspect it’s a pretty small number. In casually talking with people in line in Seattle, I didn’t encounter another current owner. (If my wife hadn’t asked so nicely for an M3, I would have reserved on line. I don’t wait in line for much voluntarily)
From the Tesla Model 3 FAQs:
“Invitations will be sent based on the date and time you placed your reservation, whether you are an employee, if you own a Tesla, and if we have started production in your country.”
Somewhere else they also said they would start closest to the factory.