Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Partnership with Buc-ee's (26 New Locations)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Buc-ee's has long been a head scratcher for me as to why they weren't early supercharger adopters,
People keep saying this in this thread, but I think y'all are underestimating the reaction of the typical F-150 driver that pulls into Buc-ee's and sees the superchargers. I'm not suggesting that all of them will have a problem with it or object, but definitely some of them will. There is a tangible downside for the business here.

People keep saying this in this thread, but I think y'all are underestimating the reaction of the typical F-150 driver that pulls into Buc-ee's and sees the superchargers. I'm not suggesting that all of them will have a problem with it or object, but definitely some of them will. There is a tangible downside for the business here.
I was at the Giddings SC last week (ironically in my sons F150, because we were hauling stuff and needed gas/food). I saw another F150 backed into one of the SC spots and I asked from my truck driver side window why he was blocking a SC spot, or if was charging his truck. He got a little defensive, but I'm sure it stung getting called out by a guy in another F150, lol.

Perfect example of YMMV. I've visited many Buc-ee's, many times, and never a single stressful moment with the cars/traffic getting in, out, or around. None getting to the gas pumps when I used to do that, none parking, etc. I speak from years of experience - I am sure you've seen those problems, but I never have. Buc-ee's has long been a head scratcher for me as to why they weren't early supercharger adopters, not a single drawback to siting there.
You are right. The one I speak of is the one in Waller. I’ve seen small ones in different locations with no drama. I’m still staying away though.

Certainly some F-150 drivers will have a negative reaction to this, but IMO it will be a small minority. I know it’s anecdotal, but most of my pickup driving friends are “live and let live” guys. They don’t want to screw with other people and don’t want to be screwed with. Sure, they may crack a joke about EVs from time to time, but they are very unlikely to harass anyone just for driving an EV.

Now we know why Buc-ee's is getting Superchargers. Beaver Aplin (THE Beaver) drives a Model S Plaid:

Hopefully the beginning of a great relationship. Buc-ee's seems to be spreading like wildfire throughout the South.

[Edit: OP says that the Plaid did not belong to Beaver. He was in a different vehicle. See below...]

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Now we know why Buc-ee's is getting Superchargers. Beaver Aplin (THE Beaver) drives a Model S Plaid:

Hopefully the beginning of a great relationship. Buc-ee's seems to be spreading like wildfire throughout the South.
Maybe it’ll wind up like sheetz all over Appalachia.

That's not beaver's. He was in a Yukon. Sorry I didn't English good.

Reactions: MarcoRP
I wonder if there will be a Supercharger at the Buc-ees in Warner Robins. It's right off I-75 at Exit 144/Russell Parkway and would be a pretty logical spot

We were there yesterday and did not notice any Superchargers, not to say they might have been tucked away somewhere. But regardless, Tesla’s Supercharger map doesn’t show one at that location.

I wonder if there will be a Supercharger at the Buc-ees in Warner Robins. It's right off I-75 at Exit 144/Russell Parkway and would be a pretty logical spot
It’s on the list! Given address is Fort Valley GA. That’s a fairly new Buc-ee’s. I haven’t found any news on the addition of superchargers though. This location would be ideal for me.

• Informative
Reactions: LBMagneto
Reports of significant iceing blocking charging...is this a problem at all the locations or just perhaps Florence start up issues?
All Buc-ee's are always crowded. I don't see a big ICE problem with larger locations where the chargers are off in a quiet area of the parking lot (eg. Waller TX) but Robertson AL will always be a problem since the chargers are right next to the main entrance. Not sure about the Florence location...

• Informative
Reactions: X Fan
All Buc-ee's are always crowded. I don't see a big ICE problem with larger locations where the chargers are off in a quiet area of the parking lot (eg. Waller TX) but Robertson AL will always be a problem since the chargers are right next to the main entrance. Not sure about the Florence location...
+1.

Buc-ee's lots are always crowded af, with people circling to find parking.

If the Superchargers are in an even half-way desirable spot, I'd expect them to be ICE'd.

• Funny
Reactions: ElectricIAC