Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Pickup Truck

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I guess if you are looking for a single cab S10 size truck, the Model 3 platform will work. I don’t think those will sell very well though.
Agreed. The people I know who drive pickups (not counting the ones who use them for work) all said they went to the dealer and asked for the biggest one they had.

Not sure how well it would go over if the truck was more about performance. Truck buyers don't ask: What's the 0-60 time? How does it handle curves? Is the ride smooth? Maybe the design team can stage a kidnapping of
Elon, pry his eyes open clockwork orange style, and force him to watch every pickup truck commercial made over the last 20 years. Give the vehicle those characteristics, 500mi of range for 50k and you will have a million reservations.

I will buy it in a HEARTBEAT as long as it can pull 10,000 lbs 300 miles between charges.

$50,000 would be super nice but I would pay $100,000 and I bet it's closer to that number. WHERE DO I SIGN UP???

While I understand your statement was intended to be hyperbolic, truck people absolutely care about performance and comfort--there's Lightnings and Raptors and luxury trim packages out there to prove it, not to mention the mega aftermarket industry.

And, just like the 90% of F250 owners that never need more utility than an F150, and just like the 90% of F150 owners than never need more utility than a Ranger, people will buy the Tesla truck because its what they want, not what they need.

(Shortened the quote for brevity purposes only) Dude, you just saved me a whole lot of typing. bxr140 for President! :)

Judging by what’s been written here it will be a small ridleline style light duty unibody ute with serious acceleration.
I’m sure it will sell to the Tesla base just fine.

And will serve the vast majority of pickup utility to boot.

Contrast to the legacy OEMs reacting to vanity based desires with tail-wagging-the-dog, focus-group solutions, Tesla takes a more forward looking, Jobs-like approach to their products. So, while the Tesla truck won't exactly fit the 'I'm just like that rugged Montana rancher' lifestyle some truck owners parrot with a humorously Pleasantville-like perspective, when compared to legacy truck products the Tesla truck will exceed the demands placed on most trucks in spectacular fashion.

And will serve the vast majority of pickup utility to boot.

Contrast to the legacy OEMs reacting to vanity based desires with tail-wagging-the-dog, focus-group solutions, Tesla takes a more forward looking, Jobs-like approach to their products. So, while the Tesla truck won't exactly fit the 'I'm just like that rugged Montana rancher' lifestyle some truck owners parrot with a humorously Pleasantville-like perspective, when compared to legacy truck products the Tesla truck will exceed the demands placed on most trucks in spectacular fashion.

For their base yes.
For guys like me no. Although if it had 2 solid axles/ full frame and a 500 mile range towing 20k and the ability to charge in 10 minutes then I’d be in.
Can’t run CVs out here the brush shreds them. And you need a solid axle rear if your pin weight is serious.
If all you do is run to the mall then a uni body whatever is totally fine.

• Funny
Reactions: bxr140
Hydropneumatic suspension - Wikipedia

Hydropneumatic suspension is a type of motor vehicle suspension system, designed by Paul Magès, invented by Citroën, and fitted to Citroën cars, as well as being used under licence by other car manufacturers, notably Rolls-Royce (Silver Shadow), Maserati (Quattroporte II) and Peugeot. It was also used on Berliet trucks and has more recently been used on Mercedes-Benzcars, where it is known as Active Body Control.[1] Similar systems are also widely used on modern tanks and other large military vehicles. The suspension was referred to as oléopneumatique in early literature, pointing to oil and air as its main components.[2]

The purpose of this system is to provide a sensitive, dynamic and high-capacity suspension that offers superior ride quality on a variety of surfaces.[3]

A hydropneumatic system combines the advantages of two technological principles:

• Hydraulic systems use torque multiplication in an easy way, independent of the distance between the input and output, without the need for mechanical gears or levers.
  • Pneumatic systems are based on the fact that gas is compressible, so equipment is less subject to shock damage.
  • Gas absorbs excessive force, whereas fluid in hydraulics directly transfers force
The suspension system usually features both self-leveling and driver-variable ride height, to provide extra clearance in rough terrain.[4]

The principles illustrated by the successful use of hydropneumatic suspension are now used in a broad range of applications, such as aircraft oleo struts and gas filled automobile shock absorbers, first patented in the U.S. in 1934[5] by Cleveland Pneumatic Tool Co. This type of suspension for automobiles was inspired by the pneumatic suspension used for aircraft landing gear, which was also partly filled with oil for lubrication and to prevent gas leakage, as patented in 1933 by the same company.[6] Other modifications followed, with design changes such as the 1960 "Double stage oleo-pneumatic shock absorber" patented by Peter Fullam John and Stephan Gyurik.[7]

• Love
Reactions: jerry33