Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Really Dropped the Ball with Me (Updated with Happy Ending)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My $0.02. Get a loan that is only good for 30 days (and can't pick up the phone to get it extended?)? Sell the old car before taking delivery??? Really? Have you guys lived a charmed life or something or am I particularly unfortunate? I mean, when I am told my couch, new refrigerator, cable TV, phone, Amazon book, ANYTHING FREAKING THING, is going to get delivered on a certain date, it is anyone's guess when I'll actually get it. %^&*^ happens to companies ALL THE TIME, and they are at the mercy of THEIR suppliers.

Way to rush to judgement there. The bank told me they couldn't issue a loan longer than 30 days. It was considered a "pre-approval" until I take delivery of the car, at which point it becomes an official approval. You have to understand that the bank is used to approving traditional loans where people are trading a car in on something that is already sitting on a dealership lot somewhere, so waiting over a month is not normal to them. They're not used to approving loans for cars that are yet to be built. As for selling my car, it was a condition from the bank. Since I have a loan out for my current car and Tesla obviously does not take trade-ins, I'm responsible for selling it myself. Therefore, I kind of have to sell it when there's a buyer for it rather than just giving it to the dealership to use toward down payment on my new car. Sometimes if you just think a bit there's a rational explanation.

Well I'm back to being frustrated. I was told by Kyle Thompson when I called him Monday evening that he's got an hourly reminder set to check on my car's status. I thought it seemed a bit extreme, but appreciated the gesture. I was also told I'd be hearing from him every other day at the very least. I haven't heard from him since Monday night (3 days by my count) and can't get a hold of him today. I try to not be an annoying customer and leave people alone so they can prove their good customer service to me. I thought having this escalated to what I assume to be senior management (Kyle is the Regional Delivery Manager for the Northwest) that things would be improving. Now I'm not sure they are and I'm still in the dark as to when I'll be receiving my car. Leaving it until the last minute like this is really irritating and hard to plan for. I'm a busy person, as I'm sure we all are, so it's not like I can just drop everything at the last minute to pick up my car. Please, Tesla, do right by me here.

Just to add a bit of closure here, I picked up my car yesterday. Kyle Thompson, who I'd been talking to this whole time, gave me the factory tour personally, which I can't imagine is something he normally does. He did a decent part of the delivery process as well and even helped me return my one-way rental car to the Hertz location a few blocks away. In the end, I'm very happy with how everything turned out. I obviously would have preferred to have my car when it was originally scheduled, but things happen sometimes and Tesla did a great job with the recovery.

I then drove it home to SoCal using the superchargers in Gilroy, Harris Ranch, and Tejon Ranch and haven't really stopped smiling since. This car is simply amazing. :)

AWESOME!!!

Just to add a bit of closure here, I picked up my car yesterday. Kyle Thompson, who I'd been talking to this whole time, gave me the factory tour personally, which I can't imagine is something he normally does. He did a decent part of the delivery process as well and even helped me return my one-way rental car to the Hertz location a few blocks away. In the end, I'm very happy with how everything turned out. I obviously would have preferred to have my car when it was originally scheduled, but things happen sometimes and Tesla did a great job with the recovery.

I then drove it home to SoCal using the superchargers in Gilroy, Harris Ranch, and Tejon Ranch and haven't really stopped smiling since. This car is simply amazing. :)

Congrats! Did you want to update the title to something like
Tesla Really Dropped the Ball with Me but recovered

or something like that?

I tried editing the title, but I guess I'm not able to. You can add "(Updated with Happy Ending)" to the end if you want. :)
Glad to read the happy ending!

My car is tentatively scheduled for delivery 9/25. But after I finalized the order I emailed and asked to add options, TWICE! So I have no idea if my delivery date is still good or not. The original email I got said this date may change, so I never considered it "solid". I'm screwed if it is delayed more than two weeks or so, as I will be going out of town for work and won't be back to Houston to receive it for a month or more! I absolutely cannot wait 'till I get my hands on this car! I've been driving a Volt for 2 and half years, and love my Volt so much I won't even sell it (can't bear the thought), so I'm soon going to have two electric vehicles.

Hoping for my own happy ending!