Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla reduced price by $2k for M3, $5k for S/X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla will lower the price shown in your account. You don't need to do anything to get the lower price.

FYI for anyone else who might find this useful. The price did not update automatically, but per my SA's recommendation, I was able to go to "Edit Design" and reselect the same options which updated everything to the latest pricing. I'm the sure the SA could have done it if I waited for him, but I was impatient and wanted the $2K savings to show up!

Honestly, this may free up enough money for me to take a gamble on FSD. I don't think the 7 confirmed FSD features are work $7K, but I would feel better about spending $5K more than I originally planned rather than the full $7K (I realize this is a terrible way to justify purchases :D)

So is it safe to assume that if you already took delivery a few weeks ago of a Model X there is no price guarantee?
I would assume there is no recourse for you since you have taken delivery of your vehicle before the price change. Some have chosen to reach out to their SA’s to see if there is anything they can credit (like service, supercharging miles, etc,) but I wouldn’t expect anything unfortunately.

I would assume there is no recourse for you since you have taken delivery of your vehicle before the price change. Some have chosen to reach out to their SA’s to see if there is anything they can credit (like service, supercharging miles, etc,) but I wouldn’t expect anything unfortunately.
Yup, I sent an email this morning and they just got back to me. No offers for anyone that purchased before. Which is what I expected, but didn't hurt to ask.

Yup, I sent an email this morning and they just got back to me. No offers for anyone that purchased before. Which is what I expected, but didn't hurt to ask.
For anyone in a similar scenario who has taken delivery within the last 7 days, there have been reports of those folks receiving the $2k reduction after contacting their SA. This may be because Tesla recognizes these folks could just return the vehicle if they wanted and they are making a goodwill effort to avoid that- which they do not have to do.

Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia
I thought they discontinued the SR about a year ago. I got mine by buying a SR+ and having them back out the software upgrades and 20 miles of range, because I was told there were no more SR models- maybe they just meant in local inventory. ??
SR is and has always been a software-limited SR+ so effectively there is no difference. Previously, you could order online, then only via calling, then people were advised to do as you have and purchase a SR+ and have it downgraded.

Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia