Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Referral Relaunch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any conversation I can walk away from without you down voting all my posts is a win as far as I am concerned
Ahhh gotcha.

I have NEVER 'down voted' you but I have on occasion disagreed with you, not always mind you, but just like 'The News of the World' you have never been one for letting the truth stand in the way of embellishing your narrative.

It is funny that you mention that of course as @Adopado and I had a most pleasant conversation around the topic of 'Agree/Disagree' not so long ago.

In the interests of this thread I was referring to your earlier post (#12) and I quote;

"As for my doubts over its extension to other countries. I don't see why Tesla needs it unless its a way to increase orders. So unless orders dip in other countries I am not expecting it.
I guess we will have to see who is right. lets meet back here in 6 months :)
"

My reason for 'Disagreeing' is how I interpreted your post;
  1. You were referring to Tesla not extending referrals and yet here we are almost 6 months later with referrals in other countries.
  2. Unless Tesla have decided to keep hundreds of cars in stock where previously they had ZIP then orders have dipped. However if you believe that Tesla have suddenly dropped around £10k off their prices simply because they are more efficient at making them then I have some 'Magic Beans' for sale that you would be foolish to pass up.
Somehow in your head you twisted something you said into "So I guess I was right on both counts :)" even though I totally 'Disagree'.

I think your need not to be 'down voted' (Disagreed) that translates in a 'win' says more about you than me but that is a hole other conversation.

I'm still in the position of being unable to afford a Tesla but it is getting closer so any incentives are fine by me and I for one am intrigued as to what they do next to incentivise sales as Tesla are in the position to offer free software updates like Acceleration Boost, meaningful referrals, further price cuts etc.

What a bizarre way to try and rationalise things. Tesla haven’t introduced referrals in all countries, they have in some, the countries tie in with where they also appear to have the highest volume of new inventory (ie Europe countries now have referrals, last time I looked, Australia don’t). So the essence of what Jason said seems to have been bang on the money, they introduce it only where and when they need to boost sales

The dislike button is disliked by many, I’d remove it if I was in charge. A reasoned argument to explain a difference of opinion is a much better approach, and if you do offer a counter argument then you don’t really gain anything by using the dislike button too. In my observations, the use of a dislike often just results in more people using the like button on the same post in support to out vote it, assuming they more or less support the point. I’m not telling anyone what they should or shouldn’t do, just sharing my observations.

Reactions: Jason71
The dislike button is disliked by many, I’d remove it if I was in charge. A reasoned argument to explain a difference of opinion is a much better approach, and if you do offer a counter argument then you don’t really gain anything by using the dislike button too. In my observations, the use of a dislike often just results in more people using the like button on the same post in support to out vote it, assuming they more or less support the point. I’m not telling anyone what they should or shouldn’t do, just sharing my observations.
I agree 100%.

Tesla haven’t introduced referrals in all countries, they have in some, the countries tie in with where they also appear to have the highest volume of new inventory (ie Europe countries now have referrals, last time I looked, Australia don’t). they introduce it only where and when they need to boost sales
I didn't get this from his post that I quoted no matter how many times I read it but agree with you, makes sense to try referrals to boost sales where there are cars to sell in addition to price cuts of course.

Isn't there a post saying referrals are active down under?
The dislike button is disliked by many, I'd remove it if I was in charge.
Difficult to remove something that doesn't exist though.

Are you confusing 'Disagree' with 'Dislike'.

Perhaps petition for the 'Like' to be changed to 'Agree'.

Maybe I'm just a bizarre sort of chappie, I don't need everyone to like me or even agree with me, maybe just as well :)

• Love
Reactions: Js1977
Can a US purchase get recipient miles too?
Don't know but if you have a referral link then try using it and Tesla will tell you what you get (or not), or if you click on an inventory car via the usual websites like tesla-info or evcpo (which makes searching for a car a lot easier) they usually add a code automatically for you and you get a pop up telling you its been applied. I presume if you don't get the pop up, referrals aren;t active in your area.

Reactions: vickh
Ahhh gotcha.

I have NEVER 'down voted' you but I have on occasion disagreed with you, not always mind you, but just like 'The News of the World' you have never been one for letting the truth stand in the way of embellishing your narrative.

It is funny that you mention that of course as @Adopado and I had a most pleasant conversation around the topic of 'Agree/Disagree' not so long ago.

In the interests of this thread I was referring to your earlier post (#12) and I quote;

"As for my doubts over its extension to other countries. I don't see why Tesla needs it unless its a way to increase orders. So unless orders dip in other countries I am not expecting it.
I guess we will have to see who is right. lets meet back here in 6 months :)
"

My reason for 'Disagreeing' is how I interpreted your post;
  1. You were referring to Tesla not extending referrals and yet here we are almost 6 months later with referrals in other countries.
  2. Unless Tesla have decided to keep hundreds of cars in stock where previously they had ZIP then orders have dipped. However if you believe that Tesla have suddenly dropped around £10k off their prices simply because they are more efficient at making them then I have some 'Magic Beans' for sale that you would be foolish to pass up.
Somehow in your head you twisted something you said into "So I guess I was right on both counts :)" even though I totally 'Disagree'.

I think your need not to be 'down voted' (Disagreed) that translates in a 'win' says more about you than me but that is a hole other conversation.

I'm still in the position of being unable to afford a Tesla but it is getting closer so any incentives are fine by me and I for one am intrigued as to what they do next to incentivise sales as Tesla are in the position to offer free software updates like Acceleration Boost, meaningful referrals, further price cuts etc.
Whatever.
Overall my posts on this forum have substantially more likes than i have made posts so clearly some people like what i have to say.
You on the other hand have disagreed with more of my posts than everyone else on this forum combined. So maybe that says something about you.....

• Disagree
Reactions: Exy1
Maybe the codes don't work across regions then. See if you can find someone on the US boards that's helped you and check their profile instead.

That's strange. In 2020 I used my Daughters referral from the USA for my first car and then one of her friends used my UK referral for a US purchase.
were the credits similar across regions then?. RIght now no credits for US cars, just solar purchases.

They used to be the same everywhere, basically 1000 miles of free supercharging or before that various different schemes up to free wheels or chsrgepoint.

I suspect the US aren’t offering anything on cars at the moment other than in energy products. My code on the US website only shows energy stuff too, in Canada it says there’s no scheme, in Germany it’s in any car model and here it’s only M3 and MY, although we can’t really buy the MS and MX at the moment. I think you’re just out of luck at the moment.

• Informative
Reactions: vickh
were the credits similar across regions then?. RIght now no credits for US cars, just solar purchases.
Up until late 2021 the referee and the referrer were credited with 1000 miles with 12 months to use (or if there was already a credit on the loot box, the additional 1000 miles and a further 12 months added).

I totalled 12000 miles but after the first 5000 there was no further time extension so my remaining 3257 miles will expire on 3/5/24. I doubt I will use them all by then.

• Helpful
Reactions: Exy1
Whatever.
Overall my posts on this forum have substantially more likes than i have made posts so clearly some people like what i have to say.
You on the other hand have disagreed with more of my posts than everyone else on this forum combined. So maybe that says something about you.....
I guess we will just have to agree that I can disagree 🙃

Let's chat referral rewards.

I was lucky enough to get my first referral from the newly launched scheme the other day. There are some 'interesting' valuations of certain rewards.

3 months EAP - 8000 credits 😂 wtf
3000 supercharging miles, 5000 credits. Was the old scheme 6000 miles? Wouldn't seem quite so stingy if they extended the expiry date beyond the current 6 month limit.
Wall connector - 5,500 credits. Seems a good deal if you need an EVSE.
Acceleration Boost - 7000 credits. Think I'll go for this as it's permanent and a very nice-to-have without having to spend £1500. Obviously a tiny sunk cost for Tesla, but in terms of cash value to me, a good choice.

Let's chat referral rewards.

I was lucky enough to get my first referral from the newly launched scheme the other day. There are some 'interesting' valuations of certain rewards.

3 months EAP - 8000 credits 😂 wtf
3000 supercharging miles, 5000 credits. Was the old scheme 6000 miles? Wouldn't seem quite so stingy if they extended the expiry date beyond the current 6 month limit.
Wall connector - 5,500 credits. Seems a good deal if you need an EVSE.
Acceleration Boost - 7000 credits. Think I'll go for this as it's permanent and a very nice-to-have without having to spend £1500. Obviously a tiny sunk cost for Tesla, but in terms of cash value to me, a good choice.
I had my first referral as well, I referred my wife for a Model 3 :D

She got £500 off, I got 7,500 credits (I think). I'm using 5,000 to get some supercharging, 500 to get some centre console trays for the new car (as new M3s and MYs don't seem to have them), leaving me 2,000 to spend. Unless some nice person uses my referral code again, there isn't much I can get with that (maybe a pullover I guess). I actually quite fancied a decanter :p.

How will I know that my 'free miles' are being used when I supercharge, does the display in the car show £0?

Premium connectivity is an option as well, can’t remember how much but it’s better than letting the points go to waste.

The small supercharging credit may not buy many miles but I believe does extend the time to use any miles you do have by 6 months. It may be a tactical purchase

Premium connectivity is an option as well, can’t remember how much but it’s better than letting the points go to waste.

The small supercharging credit may not buy many miles but I believe does extend the time to use any miles you do have by 6 months. It may be a tactical purchase
I think an annual Premium Connectivity sub is 1500 credits, so you could effectively buy 5 years' worth with a referral.