Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla removing transferable supercharging from existing owners?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just logged into my Tesla account and notice that any mention of supercharging transferring to the next owner is gone. I still have free supercharging.

Am I correct in that Tesla is removing transferable supercharging altogether? If so, how is it not theft or fraud?

• Informative
Reactions: outdoors
looks like they screwed things up. maybe display error?

mine is showing a blue facelift model s, not even the correct car/options listed but still shows free supercharging(no mention of fine print that it will transfer)

No. The only thing you're correct about is that the web site has changed. I suspect there will be erroneous information displayed for a while until it settles.

That is a pathetic excuse.

Does Tesla not know how web design/deployment works? Do they not have a staging environment where they test things before rolling them out?

That is a pathetic excuse.

Does Tesla not know how web design/deployment works? Do they not have a staging environment where they test things before rolling them out?
Let's see now. So the choice is that 1) there's a bug (or a variety of bugs) in the web page modifications; or 2) Tesla is a bunch of thieving liars who want to steal your free supercharging.

I think those who leap to choice 2 are the ones who will be needing a pathetic excuse. Relax. Start thinking about who to talk to if it's still that way a week from now. Is there some way in which this is ruining your life right now? Go drive your wonderful car.

I don't believe they can take away the transferability of the FUSC. It would negatively impact your car's resale value.

I saved screen shots of my Tesla account page while it still showed that it was free, unlimited and transferable. It's pretty jacked up to feel that you need that kind of evidence, just in case....

Let's see now. So the choice is that 1) there's a bug (or a variety of bugs) in the web page modifications; or 2) Tesla is a bunch of thieving liars who want to steal your free supercharging.

I think those who leap to choice 2 are the ones who will be needing a pathetic excuse. Relax. Start thinking about who to talk to if it's still that way a week from now. Is there some way in which this is ruining your life right now? Go drive your wonderful car.
Maybe those who leap for choice number 2 have read this thread where people are reporting Tesla removing supercharging from vehicles they don't own which came with transferable supercharging but have changed owners.
No more free unlimited supercharging for Tesla used vehicles

Or maybe those same people drive cars which developed yellow screens within a year and which Tesla recently excluded from warranty coverage? Or do you claim that this was also just a software bug that infected service personnel and Tesla lawyers too?

Blame everything on a software bug - "it will be fixed over the air", where have I heard this before.

Mine also used to say transferrable but now doesn't. Obviously it still is as that would spawn a class action far and wide. You can bet Tesla has had their lawyers looking at the old agreements to see if they can find any loopholes to eliminate FUSCFL.

No - my account still states that it is transferable

Though I’m sure there are plenty of lawyers out there that would love to take your money....

Can you post a screen shot?

This is what mine looks like.
Screen Shot 2019-08-22 at 5.59.29 PM.png

Looks like I now own a blue refreshed Model S that becomes a black refresh model S without wheels after clicking on "Manage". Sounds fun.

My theory is that Tesla pushed a new version of the website to production. Now it can be one of these:

1) It's not finished and it got accidentally pushed out before it was supposed to.
2) It was considered finished, but it's very buggy.
3) Someone just messed up while deploying some features which is killing every other feature, too (oh, javascript..)

I really hope it wasn't 2 or 3 because that just further confirms my suspicions that Tesla's in house software quality and processes around testing and shipping are a complete dumpster. That FSD thing just keeps worrying me more and more when it comes to potential bugs. Really hope it's 1.

edit: providing screenshots for the fun of it.

Attachments

• Screenshot at 2019-08-22 18-29-01.png
    Screenshot at 2019-08-22 18-29-01.png
    163.1 KB · Views: 111
  • Screenshot at 2019-08-22 18-29-21.png
    Screenshot at 2019-08-22 18-29-21.png
    178.1 KB · Views: 94
Last edited: