Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Replaces Half Dozen Parts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
See post 11. rabar10 said he changed it to remove the word "failed".
He changed it? It doesn't look like rabar10 has moderator permissions.

I don't necessarily agree w/the OP's use of words in his original thread title, but for the OP's thread to be edited w/o even any notification or indication in the 1st post that it was done is ummm... not something I agree with.

I wanna know why the moderators think they are newspaper editors now and can edit posts on a car forum because they purely personally dissagree with it. Nothing was against forum rules.

Moderators can, do, and should change titles when appropriate. If a title is click-bait, inaccurate, misleading, or does not represent the thread contents accurately, changes will be made. And yes @rabar10 is a moderator.

Moderators can, do, and should change titles when appropriate. If a title is click-bait, inaccurate, misleading, or does not represent the thread contents accurately, changes will be made. And yes @rabar10 is a moderator.
Yet there was no notation anywhere to indicate a ninja-edit was made and who did it.

I wonder how many other posts and threads here on TMC have been ninja-edited.

I don't necessarily disagree w/the title edit itself, but am more concerned about the ninja-editing.

This was not an appropriate time. Maybe your editor doesn't understand basic English? I'm sorry but it's pretty clear this editor was in the wrong here.

Failed -
-not achieving its end or not lasting; unsuccessful
-not functioning properly; broken-down

Last edited:
Yet there was no notation anywhere to indicate a ninja-edit was made and who did it.

I don't necessarily disagree w/the title edit itself, but am more concerned about the ninja-editing.
The mod in question noted that the title was changed. In general title changes do not necessarily need notification (I've seen plenty of cases where it is just edited). Mods are free to edit titles as they see fit. They don't do that to post content however (they would note it when they do).

Yet there was no notation anywhere to indicate a ninja-edit was made and whdid it.

As previously noted:
Indeed — thread title changed to remove “failed”.

Reactions: gambit48
This was not an appropriate time. Maybe your editor doesn't understand basic English? I'm sorry but it's pretty clear this editor was in the wrong here.

Failed -
-not achieving its end or not lasting; unsuccessful
-not functioning properly; broken-down
Nothing in the linked article mentioned any parts that failed. They replaced the seats, but the old seats didn't "fail." They replaced the headlights with "a newer version" but the old ones still put out light. They replaced some battery packs but the old ones still worked.

Fail is obviously the wrong word and anyone who has a "basic understanding" of English would know that.

Nothing in the linked article mentioned any parts that failed. They replaced the seats, but the old seats didn't "fail." They replaced the headlights with "a newer version" but the old ones still put out light. They replaced some battery packs but the old ones still worked.

Fail is obviously the wrong word and anyone who has a "basic understanding" of English would know that.

Obviously they didn't function properly if they were replaced. The part design failed.

The pushback over a single word on here is both hilarious and predictable. Multiple users I'm sure had to go to their safe space when they saw the word. Moderators had to take action to protect others from seeing it.

That's enough fun for one night I think. Until next time....

Last edited:
Obviously they didn't function properly if they were replaced. The part design failed.

The pushback over a single word on here is hilarious.
There are many reasons to replace parts even if they are functioning perfectly. There have been countless instances of Tesla replacing perfectly functioning parts on Model S’s and X’s when they were brought in for service. Add in the fact that these vehicles are very early production. Saying the part failed means that it stopped working.

You are correct in one thing, the pushback over the word is ridiculous. Accusing the mods of improper behavior for changing a misleading title, and saying that they don’t have a basic understanding of the English language - absurd.