Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Roadside Assistance - appalling

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate have a day off. Don't act like there was some unobserved nuance in your post

You got a stone in your wheel. A stone. You sulked like a 6 y/o and rage-posted calling the car a PoS. All the toys out of the pram šŸ˜…
Get over yourself. You might have expectations of poor service, I donā€™t. You havenā€™t even discussed the primary complaints I had, of which a stone in my wheel was not one.

Several people have discussed the issues positively and amicably, even if countering my opinions, youā€™re just trolling as you do in several threads. Grow up.

Discovery, proper car that šŸ‘
Maybe for the school run in the UK.

For proper stuff Land Rover claim, I'm far from convinced. I've taken two Land Rovers into the African bush....one was a Disco. Both were a complete liability. Whereas I've driven Toyota's (Landcruiser / 4-Runner) dozens of times without an issue that couldn't be fixed with a hammer, screwdriver and a few spanners.

I know which I'd choose if my life depended on it!!

Reactions: MashinBenzin

For proper stuff Land Rover claim, I'm far from convinced. I've taken two Land Rovers into the African bush....one was a Disco. Both were a complete liability. Whereas I've driven Toyota's (Landcruiser / 4-Runner) dozens of times without an issue that couldn't be fixed with a hammer, screwdriver and a few spanners.

There's a reason why African warlords, Arabian militias and people who live in the Outback all buy/borrow/steal Toyotas.

Call AA/RAC etc. Tesla assistance is not roadside assistance.
It is not but it does offer some assistance.
Services Covered

Breakdowns​

A warrantable breakdown of the vehicle that renders it un-drivable.
Coverage: Transportation services of up to 500 miles to the nearest Service Center are provided.

Flat Tyre​

Damage to the wheel or tyre that causes flat or unsafe driving conditions.
Coverage: Flat tyre services are provided for up to 50 miles.

Lockouts​

Circumstances where the vehicle cannot be unlocked normally due to vehicle, fob or app malfunction.
Coverage: A Roadside Professional will create a small opening between the door and vehicle frame in order to manually open your door within 50 miles of your vehicleā€™s location.

Out of Range​

When your battery charge is depleted and you canā€™t make it to a charging station, or the vehicle has been unplugged for an extended period of time.
Coverage: We are able to assist you, but this is not a financially covered service. Contact Roadside Assistance to learn more or arrange a transport.

Additional Coverage​

For all services not listed, we are still equipped and ready to assist you. Review our Roadside Assistance policy for service details and what you may need to provide payment for.

This level of service is "free". Would the 4th Emergency Services have fixed the issue in situ? In this case probably. But otherwise, relay to a garage is no guarantee of an immediate service slot at the garage.

However, there is no excuse for the poor communication and apparently, the unprofessional manner of your treatment. Two issues, not enough Service Centre capacity and centralised booking. Hopefully, improvements over time; we will contact our local Service Centre directly.

For now, we do what we have always done namely join a road service and or call a non concessionaire linked garage to come out. I have done my research and found my nearest "all makes" garage and I am also covered for home and abroad breakdown.

Last edited:

Good god. I wouldnā€™t ever consider anything but a Landcruiser for that kind of thing. No manufacturer gets greater respect from me than Toyota - and I think Teslas are as close to Toyotas as anything else in the pure white goods sense. Have one of each on the drive.

As an aside, Iā€™d have bought a Landcruiser if we had them here. But we get the Prado (badged purely as a Landcruiser) not the proper one.

No need to damn the Land Rovers with faint school run praise though, for British weather and roads they are fecking awesome everywhere.

Reactions: CWT3LR

No need to damn the Land Rovers with faint school run praise though, for British weather and roads they are fecking awesome everywhere.
Maybe (just maybe!) when they are working, but they seem to have featured in the nether regions of reliabilty/driver satisfaction surveys for as long as I can remember.

For proper (life-depends-on-it) use, I wouldn't want a Landcruiser newer than a 100 series.

60 series is probably the ideal bush workhorse.

To bring this (very vaguely) back to forum relevance - I saw a couple of electric 40 Series 'cruisers when I was in Zambia last September... apparently it's a $75,000 conversion!

Last edited:
There's a reason why African warlords, Arabian militias and people who live in the Outback all buy/borrow/steal Toyotas.
After 10 years of ownership of my Disco my love/hate relationship with it is coming to an end. Love the flexibility of the interior and the commanding drive but hate the almost Ā£9500 in servicing and repair bills. However, on the basis I probably don't need to mount a 50cal on the back, I've forsworn a Toyota Hilux for a Model Y.

Maybe (just maybe!) when they are working, but they seem to have featured in the nether regions of reliabilty/driver satisfaction surveys for as long as I can remember.
Itā€™s all relative isnā€™t it? Tesla are down there too. I had zero breakdowns in three years of ownership. Theyā€™re worse than the most reliable cars but theyā€™re not exactly littering the hard shoulders of the motorways.

If you want a really reliable car buy a Toyota or a Honda. Maybe a Kia, Mazda or Hyundai. Stick to Japan and Korea. If you want to roll the dice, buy literally anything else.

If you want a really reliable car buy a Toyota or a Honda......
I agree!

My 7th Honda....had this one 16 trouble free years.

IMG_20160516_084613.jpg

I agree!

My 7th Honda....had this one 16 trouble free years.

View attachment 892643
Awesome. In the early 90s the Japanese had the motor world at their feet. Shame the NSX was never truly followed up (the Mk.2 was far too late) and Honda never got the kudos from the general public for a car that utterly changed the game. Weā€™d not have the Ferraris weā€™ve had in the last 25 years without Sochiroā€™s boot up their arse.

(Donā€™t know if youā€™re aware of the Road Rat, but they did a lovely piece on the NSX a year or so back)

Reactions: Whyone
Loosely on topic, but pulling this bit out of the quote above:
A Roadside Professional will create a small opening between the door and vehicle frame in order to manually open your door within 50 miles of your vehicleā€™s location.

Has anyone ever experienced or read an account of anyone who has done this? Assuming ā€˜create an openingā€™ is a euphemism for crowbarring the door, this sounds more difficult/expensive to repair than breaking the window, which they could presumably replace then and there?

The wording on that oneā€™s odd too. The professional will manually open the door within 50 miles of the vehicle? Wot? Where else would they do it from?

No manufacturer gets greater respect from me than Toyota - and I think Teslas are as close to Toyotas as anything else in the pure white goods sense. Have one of each on the drive
As we did actually more than one of each. We actually had 3 toyota aygos sitting on the drive at one point. I bought two used ones for the kids when they took their licence on the back of the brand new one that I had bought for the mrs as she does allot of local runs during the course of her work.

I wouldn't so much go bashing the cars themselves as the two older ones stayed here for a while longer (4-6 years total). However the one we had from new (full main dealer serviced, at just over four years old and just over 50k miles (still under the 5 year warranty) started drinking one litre of oil and Toyota told me that it was normal that this could happen as per what is stated on the manual hence would not investigate further and this was from the original dealership where we bought it from. And yes. It does state this on the manual and silly me for not reading it!!

I didn't really have the heart to sell it private hence traded it in as in the end I was just wasting too many resources on the matter and had lost the will to live.

For a while I would fire up this same story in youtube videos but never did I once go to the toyota owners club endlessly ranting on about it.

The cars might be fine but telling me that this was acceptable and putting a cheeky disclaimer in the manual as to cover themselves in any eventuality is just a bit to premeditated in my book.

Lets just say I have no quibbles in saying that I hope they get burnt after wasting so much time lobbying in favour of ice vs EV's and being late to the party :)

Awesome. In the early 90s the Japanese had the motor world at their feet.....
It was Honda's approach to engineering in F1 which made me a life long admirer.

At the risk of getting in trouble for taking a thread further off topic than anyone thought was possible....have you seen this? (must be played LOUD!)

Awesome!

Only Honda would do this....speakers and lights all around Suzuka controlled by telemetry and GPS data from a lap driven by Senna.

Loosely on topic, but pulling this bit out of the quote above:
A Roadside Professional will create a small opening between the door and vehicle frame in order to manually open your door within 50 miles of your vehicleā€™s location.

Has anyone ever experienced or read an account of anyone who has done this? Assuming ā€˜create an openingā€™ is a euphemism for crowbarring the door, this sounds more difficult/expensive to repair than breaking the window, which they could presumably replace then and there?

The wording on that oneā€™s odd too. The professional will manually open the door within 50 miles of the vehicle? Wot? Where else would they do it from?
Just leave it parked up in Liverpool on a Friday night, they'll have it open 'in a jiffy'...

• Funny
Reactions: CWT3LR and Mullermn
As we did actually more than one of each. We actually had 3 toyota aygos sitting on the drive at one point. I bought two used ones for the kids when they took their licence on the back of the brand new one that I had bought for the mrs as she does allot of local runs during the course of her work.

I wouldn't so much go bashing the cars themselves as the two older ones stayed here for a while longer (4-6 years total). However the one we had from new (full main dealer serviced, at just over four years old and just over 50k miles (still under the 5 year warranty) started drinking one litre of oil and Toyota told me that it was normal that this could happen as per what is stated on the manual hence would not investigate further and this was from the original dealership where we bought it from. And yes. It does state this on the manual and silly me for not reading it!!

I didn't really have the heart to sell it private hence traded it in as in the end I was just wasting too many resources on the matter and had lost the will to live.

For a while I would fire up this same story in youtube videos but never did I once go to the toyota owners club endlessly ranting on about it.

The cars might be fine but telling me that this was acceptable and putting a cheeky disclaimer in the manual as to cover themselves in any eventuality is just a bit to premeditated in my book.

Lets just say I have no quibbles in saying that I hope they get burnt after wasting so much time lobbying in favour of ice vs EV's and being late to the party :)
Was the literal oil burner a diesel? I had an Avensis diesel (2006) from new, that was a dreadful engine. All motorway miles and serviced on the button but needed a bunch of warranty work at 3 years. It was a black and white smoker and I ditched it at 3.5 years and 60k miles for a BMW. Their diesels were awful.

I remember the early 2000s VVTi petrols liked a drink of oil too, but I thought they looked after owners ok on that.

It was Honda's approach to engineering in F1 which made me a life long admirer.

At the risk of getting in trouble for taking a thread further off topic than anyone thought was possible....have you seen this? (must be played LOUD!)

Awesome!

Only Honda would do this....speakers and lights all around Suzuka controlled by telemetry and GPS data from a lap driven by Senna.
Spine tingling. Thanks for that!

Now youā€™ve made me want to go and get a type R Civic. (Or a lottery win and a NSX).

Iā€™ve never owned a Honda, but there is something about them. Engineering led in a way that almost no big auto company has been. ā€œWhatā€™s your test track called? Oh, just a little place called Suzukaā€

Status
Not open for further replies.