Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla sales continue downwards trend in Europe

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, but they not really fully charge and fully discharge all the time/every time. it fluctuates as well

I believe they cycle between 30-60% or something ridiculous, so very unstrained, and degradation ‘hiding’ is very easy with such a small range of used SOC. 200K+ miles in any Toyota/Lexus hybrid should be just running it in.

I’m all for a bit of fanboysim, but claiming Tesla makes more reliable cars than Toyota……..than again some believe the world is flat still don’t they :).

Reactions: cwerdna
I believe that Toyota Hybrids have been using NiMH batteries, not Lithium ion, so direct comparisons are not even possible ...
I do not know... but in reality, if battery is dead, prius will still go.
I had Mondeo hybrid, same system as prius in essence. Battery was ok 4 years later and i never ever though about "what will happen if battery is dead".

I believe they cycle between 30-60% or something ridiculous, so very unstrained, and degradation ‘hiding’ is very easy with such a small range of used SOC. 200K+ miles in any Toyota/Lexus hybrid should be just running it in.

I’m all for a bit of fanboysim, but claiming Tesla makes more reliable cars than Toyota……..than again some believe the world is flat still don’t they :).

well, to anyone saying tesla is reliable, I could show my service history 2 years/50k miles in... ;D

I do not know... but in reality, if battery is dead, prius will still go.
I had Mondeo hybrid, same system as prius in essence. Battery was ok 4 years later and i never ever though about "what will happen if battery is dead".

well, to anyone saying tesla is reliable, I could show my service history 2 years/50k miles in... ;D

Unless they changed it, Prius will not go if battery is dead.
Most of the time the hybrid battery is used at start-up.
Even if it could skip it and run off the engine, ultimately the 12V would die because it's charged from the hybrid battery using an DC-DC convertor

• Informative
Reactions: UkNorthampton
While Tesla’s share of the market may be decreasing in the UK....how many of the non Tesla EVs are paying Tesla £10.99 a month ?
Why would they pay?

think this way - if it's 10p per kwh more... then if you charge 50 kwh - then difference is 5 gbp.

you would need charge at least TWICE for full battery a month to make it worth

most of people use such facilities once a month at max...

Why would they pay?

think this way - if it's 10p per kwh more... then if you charge 50 kwh - then difference is 5 gbp.

Agreed. For most with home charging which is I suspect most EV owners currently, unless you do a lot of long trips regularly then it’s not worth subscribing as you’ll use public charging rarely. It’s already cheaper than others even without the sub.

Why would they pay?

So nobody pays ?....that seems unlikely. Some people must pay on a regular continuous basis....others on a as needed basis...but with over a million non Tesla electric car owners it must add up to a worthwhile income stream...plus of course the premium the non subscription holders pay at the super chargers

So nobody pays ?....that seems unlikely. Some people must pay on a regular continuous basis....others on a as needed basis...but with over a million non Tesla electric car owners it must add up to a worthwhile income stream...plus of course the premium the non subscription holders pay at the super chargers
maybe there are few sods who cannot use calculator :/
the thing is - in reality it's not that common that you really need anything of public charger. it is actually somewhat a rare occasion

Of course some pay but I wouldn’t figure it’s a lot.

There are other charging companies people can use and some cars come with discounted charging cards for other networks. Or maybe your car is 800V so it’ll charge much faster on other networks vs using a 400V Tesla Supercharger.

Subscription money is nice of course, it’s not going to be that much though in the scheme of things. They’ll make more off premium connectivity I imagine.

Of course some pay but I wouldn’t figure it’s a lot.

There are other charging companies people can use and some cars come with discounted charging cards for other networks. Or maybe your car is 800V so it’ll charge much faster on other networks vs using a 400V Tesla Supercharger.

Subscription money is nice of course, it’s not going to be that much though in the scheme of things. They’ll make more off premium connectivity I imagine.
I think people are missing my point…while getting an income stream from your own customers is normal..,Tesla also gets it from their rivals…pundits are saying that in the US this could be billions…so it stands to reason that it could also be significant in Europe and Britain

I think people are missing my point…while getting an income stream from your own customers is normal..,Tesla also gets it from their rivals…pundits are saying that in the US this could be billions…so it stands to reason that it could also be significant in Europe and Britain
I would be really surprised if that would be billions.

OK, in US the situation with 3rd party networks is a bit worse. Sure. and this might be incentive to use it.

but is there much of an incentive to pay 10-11 usd per month just because you might need to use it?

It most likely will be in something like FSD uptake, which is less than 10% of users, really

well, it is so nice to be in la la land I see.

Yes, let's separate fact/evidence from wishful thinking

Eh? Shares on Sale?! Is this how Stock Market works these days? Right - then I would suggest remortgage your home, buy up TSLA and diamond hands to the moon I guess.
Talk about other businesses:
Space X and settlements in Mars by 2024.
Boring company - what have they built by now? that one small tunnel in Vegas and that one test one? impressive I would say.
Social media - twitter run down and is much worse place and half the value when Muskovite took it over.
Neuralink - so what's the progress here?

They are here to achieve something. like Hyperloop. oh, wait.

Excuseme, whatapardon? Car sales down, profits down 20% is cyclical. except it was not the same case in 2023 but hey dips happen. Nothing to see here.

You also want to blame high interest rates for Q1 2024 performance. fair enough. but interest rate increase happened in 2022 and not end of 2023

What are those substantial investments in AI? How much? Tesla's FSD is just not there, compared to others. Humanoid robots? seriously? But sure, if it helps you to sleep at night. You can even repeat "tesla is not automotive company, it is AI company" as long as you want, but 80% of company's revenue is cars. nothing else.

difference is, Nvidia's solution... works?

excuse me.. which ones? can you elaborate? which AI clusters are hugely powerful?

Yes, sure. too big to fail. *cough* Enron, *cough* lehman brothers *cough*.
You think it is hard for a company with size of 140k employees, to burn 1bn in cash a quarter?! that is 7000 a quarter. 2k a month per employee

Of course they do. all companies just run to reduce profits once it reaches some mystical level. we all know that companies strive to achieve 0 profits. yes, of course.

Is it just because cost fall or because there is a pressure from competition? Because there is PLENTY of competition.

yes of course. AI, agile, robotaxis. We can add few more buzz words, like FSD, Single stack, neural networks..

I think I'll better drink kool-aid

Stock market pricing goes up and down quite wildly - hence Warren Buffet said:

It should be an enormous advantage for investors in stocks to have those wildly fluctuating valuations placed on their holdings – and for some investors, it is. After all, if a moody fellow with a farm bordering my property yelled out a price every day to me at which he would either buy my farm or sell me his – and those prices varied widely over short periods of time depending on his mental state – how in the world could I be other than benefited by his erratic behavior? If his daily shout-out was ridiculously low, and I had some spare cash, I would buy his farm. If the number he yelled was absurdly high, I could either sell to him or just go on farming.

Owners of stocks, however, too often let the capricious and irrational behavior of their fellow owners cause them to behave irrationally as well. Because there is so much chatter about markets, the economy, interest rates, price behavior of stocks, etc., some investors believe it is important to listen to pundits – and, worse yet, important to consider acting upon their comments.

Being in a Tesla bubble helps with keeping current and avoiding media misreporting. None of this is secret, not even hidden, one just has to go to original sources and avoid misreporting & deliberately amygdala-stimulating nonsense headlines (that don't even match with the article).

Boring Company are currently doing a few tunnels, have plans for 68 miles in Vegas alone. Resorts World is connected and they're going for a long run from Virgin Hotel. They are of course near completion of the under-road tunnel near Gigatexas.

His social media company has greater use than ever before with much lower costs and rolls out features quicker. Counter-argument might be about advertising revenue

Source for 2024 date for Mars? I can see a BBC newsround report when I search - that was made in 2016. That's a long time ago to predict anything. Pre-covid and Elon is known to be aspirational on timelines. Also FAA & other regulators have been very slow to do surveys, review them and approve. Hence why Florida seems to be favoured by some / most future SpaceX Starship launches.

Starlink huge success - money printer.

Neuralink described by first patient in many videos. View his twitter x.com

I like this post (changed spelling deliberately)"T-w-i-t-t-e-r banned me because they thought I was a bot, @X and @elonmusk reinstated me because I am." Interesting tweet on 5th May where he's streaming/video and you can see how things are going. He's a great chess player (and video game player) and could probably beat most people without use of his limbs. Astounding.

Lots of FUD around some threads retracting - so Neuralink tweaked software and his bit-rate is higher than when first implanted. Other lessons will have been learned for next patient. Plans to sync up brain with relays to limbs, bypassing spine. True hope for many quadriplegics and others. Churlish to over-criticise in my opinion.

As I'm sure people have said before - Hyperloop was written for others to do as Elon Musk said he was too busy. A few tried (notably Virgin) - if Elon ever tries, I suspect it will work... but be late.

I have to go now - but if you don't know about Tesla's AI - I despair. Just search for latest 100 million inference computers for cars (showing still has car ambitions).

Reactions: SO16
Stock market pricing goes up and down quite wildly - hence Warren Buffet said:

Being in a Tesla bubble helps with keeping current and avoiding media misreporting. None of this is secret, not even hidden, one just has to go to original sources and avoid misreporting & deliberately amygdala-stimulating nonsense headlines (that don't even match with the article).

Boring Company are currently doing a few tunnels, have plans for 68 miles in Vegas alone. Resorts World is connected and they're going for a long run from Virgin Hotel. They are of course near completion of the under-road tunnel near Gigatexas.

His social media company has greater use than ever before with much lower costs and rolls out features quicker. Counter-argument might be about advertising revenue

Source for 2024 date for Mars? I can see a BBC newsround report when I search - that was made in 2016. That's a long time ago to predict anything. Pre-covid and Elon is known to be aspirational on timelines. Also FAA & other regulators have been very slow to do surveys, review them and approve. Hence why Florida seems to be favoured by some / most future SpaceX Starship launches.

Starlink huge success - money printer.

Neuralink described by first patient in many videos. View his twitter x.com

I like this post (changed spelling deliberately)"T-w-i-t-t-e-r banned me because they thought I was a bot, @X and @elonmusk reinstated me because I am." Interesting tweet on 5th May where he's streaming/video and you can see how things are going. He's a great chess player (and video game player) and could probably beat most people without use of his limbs. Astounding.

Lots of FUD around some threads retracting - so Neuralink tweaked software and his bit-rate is higher than when first implanted. Other lessons will have been learned for next patient. Plans to sync up brain with relays to limbs, bypassing spine. True hope for many quadriplegics and others. Churlish to over-criticise in my opinion.

As I'm sure people have said before - Hyperloop was written for others to do as Elon Musk said he was too busy. A few tried (notably Virgin) - if Elon ever tries, I suspect it will work... but be late.

I have to go now - but if you don't know about Tesla's AI - I despair. Just search for latest 100 million inference computers for cars (showing still has car ambitions).
I’m also trying to find the link about a British NGO who did a survey by sending out sixteen fake news items about the Irish elections...Tik Toc reported them all, YouTube blocked 14 of them....X blocked them all and suspended the false accounts.....

• Informative
SMMT data is out and for the first time in a long time Tesla aren’t in the top 10 for the month or year to date

Tesla sales are down 8% on last May and 12.5% down YTD compared to last year.

In comparison BEV overall is up 6% for the month and 10% YTD . Tesla’s market share has fallen by nearly 20% from just shy of 2.5 to under 2%

SMMT data is out and for the first time in a long time Tesla aren’t in the top 10 for the month or year to date

Tesla sales are down 8% on last May and 12.5% down YTD compared to last year.

In comparison BEV overall is up 6% for the month and 10% YTD . Tesla’s market share has fallen by nearly 20% from just shy of 2.5 to under 2%
well it can be only positives... according some :D