Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla sends out delivery delay emails

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I believe Tesla should have pushed the delivery dates out 3 months.....the exact amount of months they pushed out the ramp.

I would agree with that. I think they're still hoping to hit the third month of the window, but I don't see the point of giving me a window that starts in November. If there was the slightest chance of getting my car in November, they would have already contacted me about it.

I would agree with that. I think they're still hoping to hit the third month of the window, but I don't see the point of giving me a window that starts in November. If there was the slightest chance of getting my car in November, they would have already contacted me about it.
So your window originally started in November and you have not yet been invited to configure? Mine was Feb-Apr and I was hoping to be invited to configure by the end of November. I'll keep waiting.

I, for one, am not disappointed. I want it right more than I want it sooner.

Actually, I was facing a tough decision ...... my 2015 Avalon-hybrid is too good to replace. Now, with the potential delivery date slipping, the Avalon will have more miles and I will be able to justify the Tesla more easily.

But this is tough news for Tesla. Today the stock is falling .... Tesla has lost multi-millions.

I'd really like to know the real problem? Battery? Suppliers? Welding? We have heard all mentioned.

I have no intention of cancelling my reservation.

I, for one, am not disappointed.
I was facing a tough decision ...... my 2015 Avalon-hybrid is too good to replace. Now, with the potential delivery date slipping, the Avalon will have more miles and I will be able to justify the Tesla more easily.

But this is tough news for Tesla. Today the stock is falling .... Tesla has lost multi-millions.

I'd really ;like to know the real problem? Battery? Suppliers? welding? We have heard all mentioned.

I would like to know also. Whatever happened happened within the walls of Gigafactory 1.

I'm sorry. I didn't think we would get one of these. There are still 2 months left in this year.
You've been pretty vocal about the obvious delay, the lack of new VIN sightings, Tesla production bottlenecks, etc. It's hard for me to believe you weren't expecting a email about the delay, especially since they had October in the window and it was November 1st.

In my opinion, that's the main reason they updated the windows. And on December 1st, there will be another window update that removes November. Hopefully there will be some deliveries before then..

I, for one, am not disappointed.
I was facing a tough decision ...... my 2015 Avalon-hybrid is too good to replace. Now, with the potential delivery date slipping, the Avalon will have more miles and I will be able to justify the Tesla more easily.

I'd really ;like to know the real problem? Battery? Suppliers? welding? We have heard all mentioned.

Issues on M3 being discussed in the middle of page 1 on the quarterly update letter

More details discussed in quarterly conf call, specifics starting at 7:40 till 12:10

• Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: strykeroz and DR61
You've been pretty vocal about the obvious delay, the lack of new VIN sightings, Tesla production bottlenecks, etc. It's hard for me to believe you weren't expecting a email about the delay, especially since they had October in the window and it was November 1st.

In my opinion, that's the main reason they updated the windows. And on December 1st, there will be another window update that removes November. Hopefully there will be some deliveries before then..

99% of the comments in this forum kept saying that Tesla is fantastic, superior and any fault is non-Tesla. I did believe them at one point which is why I halted commenting for a while and just waited for the truth. I didn't know if Tesla was storing up Model 3's somewhere in some warehouse as it was being suggested in some threads and I thought.....maybe Elons video's of model 3 production might indeed be correct in that they were producing cars with their robots.

I'm honest when I say that I didn't expect Tesla to come up with delayed dates......I meant it. I just supposed that maybe everyone here might be right.

I also believe that many folks would have sold their stocks and made a short time profit if they knew the delay and such would case the stock to drop to sub 300....which is where it is now.

Last edited:
Mine went from (LR:eek:ct-dec 17) (SR:jan-feb 18) to (LR:nov 17-jan 18) (SR:'early 18')
Was Oct-Dec. I haven't bothered to look for any changes. I don't expect to see this car before June 2018, so the announcement doesn't alter my expectations.

Haha, same here. I had LR window Oct-Dec, SR Jan-Feb...I'm going for SR, was expecting it MAYBE next summer. So for me it's just going closer to my expectation. I suspect it'll be a truth trickle of delay after delay...though maybe I'll be wrong...