Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software 2019.16.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had it for about three days... No difference in that regard that I have detected... It seems to brake the same as it always did with 12.2...
Saw this again today. Earlier because 3 used to brake every time someone merged, I used to disengage when approaching a large merging sections.

What happens in your case - does the car brake heavily everytime someone merges or didn't brake that way earlier too ? May be I wasn't on 12.2 earlier.

Running 16.2 on Model 3 HW 2.5.

Wow, someone remind me if I'm on EAP or not. For a moment I thought I was in EAP again. It only missed 2 of ~15 times to correct me. Would not correct when headed near the curb, probably cuz there's no line on there. Never tested the hands-off wheel drift alert. White car looks great, seems like it's rendered in 3D now. Tail lights remind me of those pictures with back lighting on the cars. Pleasant chime too.

Good news, people will use turn signals now - or risks running off the road. So far, I like it and think it's a pretty bold move by Tesla. FSD complete by year end? Maybe, but there will be a bunch of tricky spots so stay on your toes people.

Only reason I don't use EAP in the city is the occasional speed limit. I rarely steer this car, it's much better at it but ya gotta know what spooks it. I've learned to see it coming, then play this game to see what it does. I really enjoy the improvements over time... main reason we bought the car with FSD. I once met a test driver in the 80's with a dashboard like no other full of sensors and data - this was my dream job ever since. Feel like I'm living it now - no regrets even though it's double what we've ever paid.

It’s all fun and games until hw3 don’t get the latest software. Then all the whining break loose. Lol

Same thing used to happen when we first got our Model 3 a year ago... Model S got all the fun stuff and our features would come way later.

You should have seen this car on Rev 0. It didn't have Summon, NoA, Dog/Camp mode, Sentry, Auto mirrors, games, farts, red-light detection, browser, Tesla maps, Energy data, faster brakes, side cameras, 325 mi range, +5% power... the list goes on.

Whine, whine, bitch, bitch, where o' where is the update
for my wife's Honda ?
Honda offered to give us a "discount for being a good customer" to upgrade the crappy maps to less crappy maps in our CRV - a steal at only $99 :rolleyes:o_O
I not very politely declined.

Ive had 12 free OTA updates to my Model 3 in the same timeframe.

I got the update last night. This morning my steering felt weird. I checked and the steering was automatically was set to Comfort instead of Standard. I have never changed the steering setting since I got the car in November and it has never changed on its own in prior software updates. I could really tell the difference as I was driving that something had changed.

I changed it back to Standard but just a heads up in case you all see it as well.

Emergency lane departure assistance is too aggressive. I've had the update for 1.5 days, 3 people have driven the car, and all of us have complained that it took the wheel in situations that weren't warranted. Not loving the update so far.

Emergency lane departure assistance is too aggressive. I've had the update for 1.5 days, 3 people have driven the car, and all of us have complained that it took the wheel in situations that weren't warranted. Not loving the update so far.

Are you speaking of Lane Departure Avoidance or Emergency Lane Departure Avoidance?

Lane Departure Avoidance nudges the steering wheel to prevent your car from leaving a marked lane. This can be turned off or back to just the older Lane Departure Warning (vibration) in the Controls -> Autopilot menu. I don't think either will activate if your turn signal is on.

Emergency Lane Departure Avoidance will only nudge the steering wheel in response to an imminent side collision. It's accompanied by a red line, red obstacle, and audio alert. It can be turned off for a single drive in the same Controls -> Autopilot menu but will turn itself back on the next time the car is parked.

If LDA is actuating for you all the time, then either turn LDA Off or back to Warning mode. Or start using your turn signals.

If ELDA is actuating for you all the time, then stop driving too close to other cars.

I drove this morning on my normal 25 mile commute to work and didn't have either one ever actuate.

• Helpful
Reactions: Zoomit
Honda offered to give us a "discount for being a good customer" to upgrade the crappy maps to less crappy maps in our CRV - a steal at only $99 :rolleyes:o_O
I not very politely declined.

I've had 12 free OTA updates to my Model 3 in the same timeframe.
We still have a Murano, same crap on the maps CD. I'm 5 years behind and so done with that!

Has anyone with FSD used NoA yet? I've found that it will now lane change automatically for me without needing my hands on the wheel. It will sometimes ask me to but if I just wait a couple seconds it initiates the lane change regardless. Not sure this is how it's supposed to work but I'm pretty happy about it haha.