Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software 2019.16.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anybody have a problem with the corrective steering feature having to be disabled every drive? I do no like that feature, I made a turn off an exit ramp and the car tried to fix the direction even though it was unnecessary. Really weird.

Ya, (but I use everything). It's still learning... so people like me will teach it ;)

Seems it ignores an intentional lane change (even w/o blinkers) but it corrects if you drift slowly, but need more data. I would take advantage of that feature and save a Tesla. Just pay attention and take over if needed. You're still driving, just let the copilot get some practice.

Also, Red Alerts coming up on cars while I'm driving seems more sensitive.

And they moved the EQ (again). Replaced by a Star for favs I guess. But now the tunes panel has to be at least half way up to access the "Setup" menu. So when did "Setup" mean "Equalizer/Bal/Effects"?

I got the update last night. This morning my steering felt weird. I checked and the steering was automatically was set to Comfort instead of Standard. I have never changed the steering setting since I got the car in November and it has never changed on its own in prior software updates. I could really tell the difference as I was driving that something had changed.

I changed it back to Standard but just a heads up in case you all see it as well.
Ditto for me. I changed it back to standard. Not sure why it would default to comfort with the new FW?

Does anybody have a problem with the corrective steering feature having to be disabled every drive? I do no like that feature, I made a turn off an exit ramp and the car tried to fix the direction even though it was unnecessary. Really weird.

I like it. I’ve had the lane departure warning turned off since I’ve had the car, but turned it back on to try out the new update and have kept it on since. I haven’t had something like what you’ve mentioned happen to me yet. For me, so far, if I drift or gradually let the car approach the lane line, it’ll bump me back with a warning (tested only when there were no cars around me, of course, no need to freak anyone else out). If I actively change lanes without the blinker (something I rarely do anyway), it doesn’t impede me at all. I’ve felt the slightest amount of resistance in that situation, but mostly none. So I’ve kept it on since I figure it’s an extra redundancy for me on the off chance I get distracted and do something stupid I shouldn’t be doing while driving.

I haven’t yet had an emergency collision avoidance situation yet (and I hope I never do), so I don’t know how that would work or how hard it would be to override in case of a false positive. It sounds like that system is the one that activated for you on the exit ramp.

I am also on 12.1.2 still in CA. I checked on Teslafi and not a lot have received it in CA and what is still remaining on Teslafi 940ish approx 500 are all from California and when I checked earlier this morning there were over 1200 remaining and there were still approx 500 from California. So out of the 250ish that have received the updates from this morning only a few went to CA and the rest went to everywhere else. It seriously looks like all but CA are getting this update. I wonder why the hold up.... Not the normal pattern on the updates.

This is getting strange. Less than 3% in California for 16.2 but 15.11 had been rolling out to California but at a very low rate. Over half the cars remaining on 12.1.2 are in CA.

Reactions: brandonee916
I'm in CA and still waiting..... I've never seen an update be so delayed this way... usually when this happen it's because a different version will be coming out soon. Still on 12.1.2 here :-/

I'm still waiting in Cali as well. I want the new visualizations! Someone posted on reddit on the theory for the delay for Cali owners because Smart Summon is suppose to be released really soon and it should be ready to use in most parts of Cali.

Reactions: brandonee916
I'm still waiting in Cali as well. I want the new visualizations! Someone posted on reddit on the theory for the delay for Cali owners because Smart Summon is suppose to be released really soon and it should be ready to use in most parts of Cali.

Interesting theory. I would give it weight if smart summon was in 2019.5.11, but it doesn't look like it is.
Unless Tesla rolls out yet another version with that feature, which would be much appreciated as I'm also still on 12.1.2 :D