Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software 2019.16.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still no update in CA. So vary odd. Is it a Model 3 Performance thing?
I have a Model 3 P3D and I have 2019.16.2.

Granted, it was updated manually by a mobile service technician. I was talking with him and I asked if he could update me to the new software version. He pulled out his laptop and at one point he said that the handshake was successful. Then the car started downloading the update. So it doesn't look like P3Ds specifically aren't incompatible. Of that was the case, the handshake would have failed.

I've noticed no issues so far, Lane Departure Assist works great. One time it caught me drifting into the bike lane/shoulder. The other times I tested it it seemed to work pretty well.

I have a Model 3 P3D and I have 2019.16.2.

Granted, it was updated manually by a mobile service technician. I was talking with him and I asked if he could update me to the new software version. He pulled out his laptop and at one point he said that the handshake was successful. Then the car started downloading the update. So it doesn't look like P3Ds specifically aren't incompatible. Of that was the case, the handshake would have failed.

I've noticed no issues so far, Lane Departure Assist works great. One time it caught me drifting into the bike lane/shoulder. The other times I tested it it seemed to work pretty well.

I’ve found the Lane Departure Assist to work extremely well also.
Definitely a huge safety add they’ve done here.

Reactions: willow_hiller
Are you speaking of Lane Departure Avoidance or Emergency Lane Departure Avoidance?

Lane Departure Avoidance nudges the steering wheel to prevent your car from leaving a marked lane. This can be turned off or back to just the older Lane Departure Warning (vibration) in the Controls -> Autopilot menu. I don't think either will activate if your turn signal is on.

Emergency Lane Departure Avoidance will only nudge the steering wheel in response to an imminent side collision. It's accompanied by a red line, red obstacle, and audio alert. It can be turned off for a single drive in the same Controls -> Autopilot menu but will turn itself back on the next time the car is parked.

If LDA is actuating for you all the time, then either turn LDA Off or back to Warning mode. Or start using your turn signals.

If ELDA is actuating for you all the time, then stop driving too close to other cars.

I drove this morning on my normal 25 mile commute to work and didn't have either one ever actuate.

Yes, indeed I meant Emergency Lane Departure *Avoidance* (I mistakenly wrote "assistance" in my original most). And it's unacceptable. I can say this with confidence after several more days of driving with 16.2 now. The issue is not "driving too close to other cars". I drive mostly on country roads, and ELDA nudges the wheel when no other cars are around, but when I go over the line on a shoulder. I should note that for many many curves on my local roads, this is a very natural/normal way to drive. I'm in the US, the lines are pretty normal (double yellow in the middle, white on the shoulders), etc... And this isn't just my opinion - several other people have driven the car and noted this *without* me pointing it out. Apparently ELDA just doesn't handle country roads well. Maybe Elon needs to do some testing on winding New England roads instead of LA traffic once in a while ;)

For the past 2 days, I've been trying to remember to turn ELDA off every drive, but if you're running a bunch of errands, it's easy to forget when leaving one parking lot or another. And I'd say about half the time I forget, it triggers on a 10-15m drive in a mundane (non-emergency) situation.

I would assert that this is a problem with my particular car's sensors, but EAP works just fine (and I love it).

• Informative
Reactions: Msjulie and GSP
I’m normally excited about getting an update, but the fact that California has been so slow to receive updates on this round makes me think there must be a reason for it. So I’m not going to push for one this time. 12.2 has been pretty stable for me. Let’s see what Tesla has in the works. There has to be a reason that the rollouts have virtually stopped two days ago.

No update yet for me either... make an appointment and mobile will install your badge and spoiler, I had mine installed already

Thanks !!! I did call Rocklin Mobile Service last month. They told me every spoiler they have received is the old part number and on one install of a new batch of spoilers, only 1 out of 6 fit correctly. She said there is a waiting list for the new part number spoilers (I'm now #21 on the list) and I told her I would wait since mine will be installed over ppf.

How did your spoiler install go and are there any gaps ?

Model 3 P3D
Sacramento, CA
No 2019.16 update yet....also no spoiler and badge yet either !
For me 16.2 has been a disaster j. It broke Homelink, WiFi, LTE, Screen is frozen every morning, and you can’t permanently turn off ELDA. I wouldn’t be in s hurry to update. Someone on the other forum said that Stats is showing 16.3. Nobody on Teslafi has .3 yet. Most everybody hates ELDA.

i dont get the update process... im still on 2019.8.4. connected to wifi every evening and night, and still no updates.
how long do you all usually wait before calling service to push the update?

That is really old. You can schedule a firmware update through the schedule service feature on your phone app. You don’t need to go in. They can push it out remotely.

Emergency Lane Departure Assistance, which is mandatory Lane Departure Assistance (jerking your steering wheel) as soon as it thinks that a collision is likely.

Sadly, there are some fake collisions (my favourites are due to high grass at the edge of the road or a tree alongside the road it expects to cross) in which it intervenes even when the idea it has about lanes do not correspond to real life, especially in Europe, and sometimes it intervenes in ways that make a *real* collision more likely if you're not paying attention. Plus the warning sounds are really startling.

It's just a nuisance; I tend to switch it off before a drive unless I'm on the highway (where it functions well, absent road works or badly marked lanes), but when I forget it tends to remind me with a false positive along the way.