Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nobody's mentioned the moved trip data card, which has moved into its own sub-section under the car icon. This is something I previously left visible while I was driving as I found it a good way to measure my energy efficiency. I'm really annoyed it's moved to that obscure location.

Also agree with others, the lack of driver profiles and dashcam/sentry status on the top of the screen is super annoying.

The rest of it, I think it's just a case of getting used to things. It does generally feel a bit cleaner, but I think they need to do more user testing and possibly have extra customisation options.

Reactions: bay74
Well the other weird move if is the rear vents on/off switch. So the car knows that the seat is occupied in the back but somehow doesn't also automatically switch on the rear fan. But yeah now it's under Rear where the seat heaters are instead of being on the main page.

Nobody's mentioned the moved trip data card, which has moved into its own sub-section under the car icon. This is something I previously left visible while I was driving as I found it a good way to measure my energy efficiency. I'm really annoyed it's moved to that obscure location.

Also agree with others, the lack of driver profiles and dashcam/sentry status on the top of the screen is super annoying.

The rest of it, I think it's just a case of getting used to things. It does generally feel a bit cleaner, but I think they need to do more user testing and possibly have extra customisation options.
Dashcam and driver profiles remain at the top of the model s screen.

On my M3 when I use the indicators I see the camera display (lane video feed) however on my MX I am unable to find the options to show this….is this video lane change feed thingy only available on the 3/Y and not S/X?

Not available on "Legacy" S & X, also the X won't get live sentry if/when it's activated for Aus. :(
There's a handy chart on the Tesla website about who gets what with V11

Last edited:
  • Helpful
  • Informative
Reactions: paulp and Hairyman
Good chart, thanks, disappointing really though….paid for the hardware upgrade and FSD (still do not have and the car is now 3.5 years old) and now even it seems a lot of new features (including I guess more to come) the S/X will be excluded….hardly makes one feel like that car gets better with time mantra we hear all the time….

So, the new update supposedly included an option for multiplayer Polytopia. My son wanted to try that out. When you choose multiplayer it says you need to create profile for online play, if I click on profile it says it needs to be connected to a server for profiles. It is connected to my home WIFI and it has premium connectivity, what other connection does it need? Or is its multiplayer busted in this release?

Good chart, thanks, disappointing really though….paid for the hardware upgrade and FSD (still do not have and the car is now 3.5 years old) and now even it seems a lot of new features (including I guess more to come) the S/X will be excluded….hardly makes one feel like that car gets better with time mantra we hear all the time….
Just like AP1 & MCU1 have fallen to the wayside, there's a point where the hardware in our cars is not able to handle what's required.
Even though HW3/MCU2 S & X are supposed to have the same computing power as the 3/Y, there must be something else that's limiting the functions, it's more likely to do with how the car communicates with different systems like body control modules, e.g. You can't remotely lower/raise windows on legacy S & X, but you can on the 3/Y.

Last edited:
I
Just like AP1 & MCU1 have fallen to the wayside, there's a point where the hardware in our cars is not able to handle what's required.
Even though HW3/MCU2 S & X are supposed to have the same computing power as the 3/Y, there must be something else that's limiting the functions, it's more likely to do with how the car communicates with different systems like body control modules, e.g. You can't remotely lower/raise windows on legacy S & X, but you can on the 3/Y.
I can vent the windows, therefore the only reason I cannot remotely activate windows up and down would more seem like Tesla can’t be stuffed allowing the older S/X’s to be able to do so….

FC9476F8-1001-4BB0-A830-AA93DD9CE70D.jpeg

That was one of those poorly considered musk promises to generate sales

That was one of those poorly considered musk promises to generate sales
My car has definitely got better over the 2.5 years of ownership. The first few months even gave my car bunch of extra (kw) power and the rest has been mostly software functions, but the car is much better than it was when I bought it. And to be clear, I did buy the car for the things it had at the time of purchase and not for the stuff that might get added. That was the main reason I did not go for the FSD option, as I did not have the extra cash but also, I dont like purchasing something that is not ready and has a moving timeframe for future release. Made that mistake once with Star Citizen game and not doing that again.

Reactions: louco73 and ARMARM
@paulp and myself have had a number of Tesla’s (from memory 4 for Paul and 3 for me) and we’ve both been around from the start…we’ve seen many promises broken, truth stretching and head scratching moments….I’ve personally seen a massive reductions in service centre quality (like going back many times for the same issue many times over, seriously not far off the definition of insanity)….

Would I buy another manufactures EV atm? No. Would I change if the other EV manufactures catch/surpass Tesla by my next purchase time? In a heart beat….

Reactions: paulp