Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After having ownership of my M3 for almost 6 months now I mostly feel like it is a great product although I am not appreciating being a beta tester for the software engineering department. It would also be great if they could just fix some of the basic vehicle features if they are going to force the use of these upon us.

Tesla is no longer some struggling startup just holding out to declare bankruptcy. Some of the 'loyalists' forget that they are well on the way to becoming one of the highest valued companies on the planet.

Word of mouth sales has been a great asset for Tesla however I think they may have underestimated its true value to future sales as it's getting very difficult to recommend this vehicle to those that ask me about it.

Reactions: Maximillan
Think the DAB/FM indication has disappeared.

Also reports overseas that where multiple DAB channels are broadcast on the same frequency you can no longer select them (think that's a DAB thing, not DAB+ that we use which kind of removes frequency altogether)

See

The way vision is being careful now, you can...when fully operating no you cannot....
I would argue that my eyes have way better resolution and and adjust much better to the light conditions than the current cameras on my Model 3. Currently Tesla Model 3 has resolution of 1280x960 or about 1.2 megapixels. When looking at the recordings or screen for the cameras in low light or fog conditions, it is way less capable than my eyes. Often it complains that the cameras are blocked or blinded when I can see perfectly well in the same light conditions.

"The Triple Forward Camera of the Tesla Model 3 features three CMOS image sensors of the ON Semi AR0136A with 3.75 um Pixel size at 1280×960 1.2Mp resolution. It offers a front image capture system up to 250 meters that are used by the Tesla Model 3 Driver Assist Autopilot Control Module Unit."

I would say my eyes can see way further out than that also.

Last edited:
Tesla may be looking into starting to put higher res cameras into their cars. Not sure if those are for existing models also or planned for semi and CT or newer vehicles. There was this article about a deal signed for 5 megapixel cameras:

I would argue that my eyes have way better resolution and and adjust much better to the light conditions than the current cameras on my Model 3. Currently Tesla Model 3 has resolution of 1280x960 or about 1.2 megapixels. When looking at the recordings or screen for the cameras in low light or fog conditions, it is way less capable than my eyes. Often it complains that the cameras are blocked or blinded when I can see perfectly well in the same light conditions.

"The Triple Forward Camera of the Tesla Model 3 features three CMOS image sensors of the ON Semi AR0136A with 3.75 um Pixel size at 1280×960 1.2Mp resolution. It offers a front image capture system up to 250 meters that are used by the Tesla Model 3 Driver Assist Autopilot Control Module Unit."

I would say my eyes can see way further out than that also.

Your two eyes that get distracted for various reasons as opposed to the 8 on Tesla's? Hmmm

Tesla may be looking into starting to put higher res cameras into their cars. Not sure if those are for existing models also or planned for semi and CT or newer vehicles. There was this article about a deal signed for 5 megapixel cameras:
Hope that is a free upgrade for those that invested 7k, 8.5k, 10k+ into their FSD program.. otherwise full refund thanks or convert to Tesla shares at least :p

This article says the new cameras will cover all of Tesla's vechiles

They will probably just start building them into cars as the supply changes over

Yup, ask the HW1 folk how that played out....
hmm never know with Mr. Musk; pigs could fly ...ahahah

AP 2.0 is when FSD was promised so they seem to have got a free upgrade.. obviously if Tesla can get away with not upgrading cameras on newer cars it'll try to avoid the cost..

Reactions: crustovich