Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
According to TeslaFi, all in USA only at this stage.

Oops. I made a mistake. Vision Autopark is part of FSD which is included in 2024.14.5. So the rest of North America who were on a higher software release which was ahead of the FSD specific build version will now get Autopark.

1715385252066.jpeg

What I meant was that they will now focus on the rest of the world with non-USS cars in order to release that sweet sweet deferred revenue 🤣

Last edited:
Oops. I made a mistake. Vision Autopark is part of FSD which is included in 2024.14.5. So the rest of North America who were on a higher software release which was ahead of the FSD specific build version will now get Autopark.
It's quite confusing. I think this is what is happening:

2024.14.5/6 includes FSD V12.3.6, and is for those in USA/Canada who were on 2024.8.x - which is basically everyone who did not have FSD V12 (either didn't have FSD or they had FSD V11). Since you can't go backwards, anyone in USA/Canada on 2024.8 basically couldn't upgrade to FSD V12 - until now. They can now also participate in the V12 one-month free trial.

Those in USA/Canada who currently have FSD V12 are still on 2024.3.25 and are not getting this update, so they are still missing out on the 2024.8.x upgrades.

Clear as mud?

• Informative
Reactions: elddum and SPadival
It's quite confusing. I think this is what is happening:

2024.14.5/6 includes FSD V12.3.6, and is for those in USA/Canada who were on 2024.8.x - which is basically everyone who did not have FSD V12 (either didn't have FSD or they had FSD V11). Since you can't go backwards, anyone in USA/Canada on 2024.8 basically couldn't upgrade to FSD V12 - until now. They can now also participate in the V12 one-month free trial.

Those in USA/Canada who currently have FSD V12 are still on 2024.3.25 and are not getting this update, so they are still missing out on the 2024.8.x upgrades.

Clear as mud?
Looks that way, it appears the priority is on getting those who were stuck on 8.x/FSD 11 branches on to a V12 compatible branch, then they will likely merge 3.x in soon after to a later 14.x build so that everyone has the same features.

There is no technical reasons for those on 2024.3.25 from jumping directly to 2024.14.5/6. 2024.14.5/6 is a unifying build for North America (Perhaps early testers like AIDRIVR won’t get the update if the next FSD Version v12.4? is still lagging behind, built on older than 2024.14 version of the base software. I.e these beta testers should be able to upgrade when that is ready)

I wish Tesla could somehow keep everyone in sync. But it seems impossible at this time.

There is no technical reasons for those on 2024.3.25 from jumping directly to 2024.14.5/6.
Yes, it does appear odd that they are keeping them there, but it could just be a short term thing.

Notateslaapp are saying that vehicles on 2024.3.25 are eligible for the update, but at the moment Teslafi are saying that all 301 vehicles so far with the update were on 2024.8.x.

Edit: There is always the possibility (as speculated on the V12 thread) that V12.3.6 is now the "mature" version of V12, and will become the default version replacing V11. The next "advanced" version will be V12.4 which is apparently a complete re-training and will therefore probably go through a number of rapid iterations before it becomes mature. They may still want to keep the groups separate. Time will tell.

Last edited:
Reactions: SPadival
Driving on tollway today.

Autopilot settings > speed limit + offset fixed 5km/h.

Speed limit 60
Max speed 65 (in grey)
Actual speed 55 before TACC/Autosteer activation
TACC/Autosteer activated - speed increases to 65 as max speed 65 (As per expected)

Speed limit 60
Actual speed 70 before TACC/Autosteer activation
Max speed in grey follows actual speed
TACC/Autosteer activated at actual speed 70. Speed remains at 70. (As expected)

However while TACC/Autosteer is active and foot is not on accelerator, a change in speed limit either faster or slower does not cause a corresponding change in vehicle speed. No car in front either.

Had to do a long right stalk to correct each time.

What's happening?

It might have just been my eyes, but this morning my headlights seemed brighter and whiter. Also, the pattern seemed more uniform with the usual “block” that’s missing being filled in.
The only thing I have changed was toggle adaptive headlights on and off (currently overridden off)

Had the chance to give the adaptive headlights a workout tonight on a number of trips back and forth along Hindmarsh drive… I like them! 👍

Fast reaction time, smooth transition, and quite good coverage of the verge and centre divide which is sooo important in Canberra this time of year to pick out Kangaroos!

I was impressed in the way it accommodated multiple cars at distance and kept the gaps between them light high and not blinding the vehicles.

I don’t have a comparison point to other vehicles with similar tech, but I find this new feature great for me.
After driving CBR-Tamworth return over the past 5 days (much of it at night), the thing I like most is "kangaroo/wombat-mode". As you close on a car from behind, it will dim the centre pixels, but keep the sides of the road illuminated. As you overtake, the dimmed pixels will simply "flow" over the other car, keeping the road sides well lit.

After driving CBR-Tamworth return over the past 5 days (much of it at night), the thing I like most is "kangaroo/wombat-mode". As you close on a car from behind, it will dim the centre pixels, but keep the sides of the road illuminated. As you overtake, the dimmed pixels will simply "flow" over the other car, keeping the road sides well lit.
Absolutely, essential in these areas and glad they work so well!

Kangaroos are a thing now! 🦘

While avoiding kangaroos on the road last night, I happened to look down at the visualisation and for the first time (must be part of the new visualisation in 14.3), they are actually displayed on the screen now.

Well, they don't look like kangaroos, of course. They have 4 legs and walk like dogs. They kind of look like dogs too. Or small deer. They seem to have long legs. Couldn't tell if it was trying to display a large dog or a small deer. I didn't get time to take a photo unfortunately, they hopped away (according to the screen they ran away).

Anyway, that now gives me hope that the car may actually try to avoid one if on Autopilot. Of course, I never use autopilot on that road, but it's comforting that it is actually recognising them as animals, so may do something useful (like stop) if it sees one ahead. Up until now I have just assumed it would ignore them and just plough straight through them like it does with potholes.

Kangaroos are a thing now! 🦘

While avoiding kangaroos on the road last night, I happened to look down at the visualisation and for the first time (must be part of the new visualisation in 14.3), they are actually displayed on the screen now.

Well, they don't look like kangaroos, of course. They have 4 legs and walk like dogs. They kind of look like dogs too. Or small deer. They seem to have long legs. Couldn't tell if it was trying to display a large dog or a small deer. I didn't get time to take a photo unfortunately, they hopped away (according to the screen they ran away).

Anyway, that now gives me hope that the car may actually try to avoid one if on Autopilot. Of course, I never use autopilot on that road, but it's comforting that it is actually recognising them as animals, so may do something useful (like stop) if it sees one ahead. Up until now I have just assumed it would ignore them and just plough straight through them like it does with potholes.
Adaptive high beams should be made mandatory for all cars. It should reduce the number of Kangaroos/Wallabies killed & reduce insurance premiums (not that they ever go down after going up).

Adaptive high beams should be made mandatory for all cars. It should reduce the number of Kangaroos/Wallabies killed & reduce insurance premiums (not that they ever go down after going up).
Teslas should have been insurance favourite customers, sentry mode, autopilot, adaptive high beam etc all either reduce the chance of accidents or increase the possibility of at fault party being identified

Reactions: SPadival
Instead insurance companies went the other way. They claim it's because at the slightest ding, the car is a total write off (or at least the battery), leading to much higher than average repair cost. I don't know whether that's true or not, but it's what I'm told by people in the industry.
They seem to be making a lot of money which is their measure of success I guess.
While the sentiment isn’t challenged they will just exploit it as long as they can.

Reactions: Jules22
I’m driving a Sixt rental model 3 at present while mine is having minor panel damage repaired - thanks, inner west food couriers!
I already updated the software because I got the alert on day 1, but I can’t find a way to set up my phone key
what do people do if they have two Teslas?