Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You know there's a 50kW NRMA charger at Cowra, right?
It’s in the Library car park, in the far corner, on a weird slope. But it still works good.
Problem is that there’s almost no food in the area after lunch on Saturday as everything closes.
Ask me how I know. :(
They would have been better to place them at the Japanese Gardens.

• Informative
Reactions: Hairyman
Any ideas?

So... I rang Support and they said, nope unless you do a factory reset, which will delete all the settings. It will over-write at the next alarm event though.

Oh and the next software update will change the Tesla T on the screen options.

Last edited:
Nice animations of doors/window/boot etc opening closing. Better contrast fan on off. 20201227_190121.jpg 20201227_190003.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Hairyman
48.26 installed this morning, did a long drive today. Instrument cluster font is much smaller now (and no longer matches the size of the MCU display). Baffled as to why they did that. They also moved the outside temp display to the right hand side. It's not like they made space to display more stuff. AP and speed limit information is now grouped, lefthand side of speed for AP state, righthand for speed limit.

Still not speed limit recognition on highways. That would have been super high priority. Instead, we got new games. facepalm.

Some new setting to allow the AC to come on before scheduled departure time (completely useless to me, I never depart on a schedule, might be useful for others).

Didn't come across any snake jazz settings.

The driving visualisations seem to show a wee more detail, with default view zoomed further out from the car. But it still shows cars driving perfectly inside their lanes as hugging the lane or even crossing it when they're not.

All in all, totally underwhelming and very poor design choice on the small font in the instrument cluster.

Looked under my car. Has speaker grille and wiring loom but no speaker.
At some point Tesla in Aus will have to offer to install on cars if gov here pull their head in on EVs but perhaps if have harness already may not be a hard job ..I m sure there LL be a adapter harness to a typical 2 inch 4w speaker.

The closed.circuit with speaker connected will likely flag the software to show up the boombox feature and emissions control.outside speaker option

The visualisation graphics always seemed a waste of space to me. Now it is even more so. If you have FSD then fair enough. But I never look at the visualisation except as eye candy.

There should be an option to switch the visualisation area to one of the car related views eg full Navigation view (summary of which is displayed dynamically in this release) or the Energy graph and/or permanently display the trip meter+tire pressures. Many uses for all that wasted space that just got bigger in this release.

Reactions: Fazza
@Gratulin The driving visualisations are very important, not just for those with FSD. Your TACC (cruise control) functions the same way as the FSD one, and if you ever want to understand why the car slows, you want to see what the car sees. The visualisations do that (to a certain extent). If you have zero interest in why the car does what it does, you can buy any other EV that is a traditional car running on electric, and you have wasted a lot of money. Tesla's true innovation lies in the camera/radar/ultrasonic alone self drive features, not so much the electric propulsion. Anyone can do the latter these days.