Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It does seem to like to park itself about 80cm behind the car in front and does not reference the lines on the road or the distance to the car behind.

It looks only at the other cars, not the lines. I gave up on autopark a long time ago after it bumped into a car trying to perpendicular park after spending 5x longer than I would have myself. ..... but no doubt that will need yet another 10 billion mile neural network upgrade.

Sad. And I've got FSD and that didn't help.
Seems odd their on-road FSD intelligence is better than their Parking intelligence! :confused:

Go check. Lots of people getting the 2019.24 map updates tonight. Including me.
I wonder what is taking them so long with the map updates as some people here on forums reported having 2019.24 already 2 months ago. The nav data updates are gigantic in data size for USA but definitely not for AU, so the download should not cause much strain on their infrastructure or the cars and only takes couple of minutes here.

It downloaded around 520 MB of data for navigation update (around 6PM). However, after I returned back after short trip (5KM) it uploaded around 1.1GB of data, from 8PM onwards.
520 MB for AU maps sounds about right. That is a rather small download, considering the firmware is twice that and my computer gets monthly windows updates that are way larger plus any game updates on xbox are 10-20 times that size :). The uploads I have observed myself, I suspect are from the cameras for neural network training, as they tend to happen after driving.

• Informative
Reactions: Hairyman
Not sure if this had to do with that new map update or just a glitch in the system. I did a bit longer drive on Saturday (about 400km), got home late put the car on charge and had to go out 4AM on Sunday. So on Sunday the map on the screen had an annoying issue. While driving the map would show the location of my car correctly, but would rotate the map every few seconds between the direction of car movement and north up. I did soft reset (steering wheel buttons) and then the reset with computer (break and wheel buttons) but the issue persisted through the whole day. Was very distracting constantly seeing major movement on the screen. It seemed like the GPS location was correct but the compass heading was glitching. When I got home in the evening, I shut down the car and pulled the 12V battery for an hour, then reconnected battery and started up the car again and the issue appears to have gone. Everything is back to normal.
I am wondering if I should send some kind of bug report or contact support about it or just let it be and see if it comes back :)

First bit of rain since the last update. Pleasantly surprised with the auto wipers, actually started when the first drops hit the windscreen and kept the screen clear throughout the shower. Before I had to constantly press the single wipe button as the auto wipers seemed to go to sleep randomly. Now for some more rain, not just to test the wipers again but for the parched countryside.

First bit of rain since the last update. Pleasantly surprised with the auto wipers, actually started when the first drops hit the windscreen and kept the screen clear throughout the shower. Before I had to constantly press the single wipe button as the auto wipers seemed to go to sleep randomly. Now for some more rain, not just to test the wipers again but for the parched countryside.
I’m seeing the same behaviour. I sent a bug report in

weird issue today (pre this latest update); Got in the car, no sound. No blinker noise, no music, no alert sounds.
Also no LTE/telstra but that seems to be another bug ... that goes away after a few minutes.
Did a soft reset, came back fine.
Your seat switch may be faulty. Next time it happens jump out and get back in again and see if that livens things up.

• Informative
Reactions: Gnat666
So let's see where they are with their promises that have been there pretty much all year with respect to FSD. Seems to me there are still 3 MAJOR (and full of risk) updates that need to be done in the next few weeks or the promises will have been broken.

Full Self-Driving Capability
  • Auto Lane Change: automatic lane changes while driving on the motorway. Yes, if by automatic they mean 'driver initiated and the car completes'.
  • Autopark: both parallel and perpendicular spaces. Yes
Coming later this year:
  • Recognize and respond to traffic lights and stop signs.No
  • Automatic driving on city streets. No
  • Navigate on Autopilot: automatic driving from highway on-ramp to off-ramp including interchanges and overtaking slower cars. No
  • Summon: your parked car will come find you anywhere in a parking lot. Really. Yes
Navigate on autopilot is the mystery to me. They have rolled it out everywhere else - in some places for over a year now. Why not here?

Stop signs, traffic lights and city street driving...will it be the end of 2020?

• Informative
Reactions: sauhsoj and Gnat666