Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unsuprising - it sounds like even March 2021 cars came with the 8A one. The 10A seems to be quite new.

My MIC was built 04/21 according to the door plate, delivered to me 20th May.
I don’t use those tails any longer, but when I did I only ever got 8 or 12a also even though the plugs say 10/15.

Just tested them again after reading this thread and they now give 10/15 amp according to the car. So if you have the right tails you should be good, at least on the MIC model.
Anyone non MIC is welcome to come and test them once lockdown is over 🙄 if you want to see if the car will charge at those rates.

Attachments

• E068FC77-B29B-426D-A031-D51745C58ABE.jpeg
    E068FC77-B29B-426D-A031-D51745C58ABE.jpeg
    492.2 KB · Views: 67
  • 6B3741F1-A1E5-471C-A872-D6B37DE95FF6.jpeg
    6B3741F1-A1E5-471C-A872-D6B37DE95FF6.jpeg
    463.6 KB · Views: 58
I'm surprised it's allowed. I thought that the maximum sustained draw on a 15A circuit was 80% of 15A, i.e. 12A. But then, I'm not an electrician.
That’s not correct. A 15A GPO can deliver 15A continuous and requires the appropriately dimensioned conductor and typically a 20A breaker (ELCB or RCD) depending on what else is attached to the same circuit (maximum demand calculation).

According to 2.4.3.2 in the ANZ wiring rules, the breaker needs to have overload current protection that is at least equal to the maximum demand calculated for the circuit, but less than or equal to the current carrying capability of the cable. 2.5mm sq twin+earth PVC sheathed cabling that we’ve all seen in residential installations is rated to carry 20A continuous, which is why it is legal to have a dual 10A GPO connected to one of these cables.

Reactions: David Sowden
Getting back to the thread <g> I've just received 2021.24.3 - a 50 min. download: just bug fixes! It appears that bugs are now the defining Tesla "thing". I just hope that they will fix the old years-long bugs, and that the FSD programming, if it ever arrives, will be of a different standard, ie. mission critical.

Running with that logic you would think that it would be available via WiFi
Maybe and I’m not certain of anything here just postulating but I imagine it would be more complicated and confusing to have certain channels appear and disappear depending on your network connection. Also retail or not Telstra’s network is already setup to route Netflix traffic through its unmetered data. But you might be right. Just a good theory I think.