Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else with V11 on a model 3 notice that when you unsplit the A/C the passengers temp display does not disappear ? Below SPLIT is grey and off & therefore Left side Temp should not be visible. Yet it does disappear in LHD youtubes of the new interface . A bug I suppose perhaps on RHD cars.

1641373081508.png

Last edited:
Anyone else with V11 on a model 3 notice that when you unsplit the A/C the passengers temp display does not disappear ? Below SPLIT is grey and off & therefore Left side Temp should not be visible. Yet it does disappear in LHD youtubes of the new interface . A bug I suppose perhaps on RHD cars.

View attachment 752174
Hope it stays that way so passenger can conveniently control combined temperature.

I have no comment on the aircon question, but Tesla should add the driver profile selection just above the car graphic when in Park. When someone sits in the driver seat, they should show a shadowy figure in the car, with a vertical line above it to the name of the current driver profile. Tap on the name, and it shows the list of alternative profiles from which one can be selected.

That would be much better - single tap control like on the previous UI - and consistent with the new design ethos.

Reactions: Tim W and cafz
Tesla's V11 Software Hacks!! Youtube

Here is how it works in LHD (and how it did in the past). I took a look in the UK subs & they see the same issue.
I think you will find that in the Model Y, you can turn off the actual air con vent for the passenger, which is why I assume it disappears perhaps. Cause the Model 3 is always on, that is why it shows.

Only a hunch though, not 100% sure

So i'm on 2021.44.30.... first drive for a while with some pretty bad weather and needed the front and rear demisters on. It was at that time I remembered again that this software was made in Southern California and what used to be a easy single touch activation is now hidden behind another sub-menu of climate.

So i'm on 2021.44.30.... first drive for a while with some pretty bad weather and needed the front and rear demisters on. It was at that time I remembered again that this software was made in Southern California and what used to be a easy single touch activation is now hidden behind another sub-menu of climate.
The demister buttons are under the current temperature setting and adjustment arrows in the bar at the bottom of the screen on the driver’s side.

They are quite small so easy to miss.

So the adventures continue. I did not really notice before today, but now that I checked my wifi AP log, the car has not been connecting to wifi at home since getting 2021.44.25.2. I just found out this morning when I got in the car and my phone app told me there is a firmware update available 2021.44.30, Since it is no longer on the screen I don't really know how long it had been waiting, but when I checked it was showing that I need to connect to wifi to download. I noticed then, I was on LTE connection, so I tapped on the LTE icon and selected my home wifi SSID and hit connect, it connected instantly and started to download, in 30 sec got about half way though the download, But I had to go to work as I was running a bit late, so I drove off. So when I got back home, I assumed it would connect and resume. Well an hour after getting home and still not getting any notifications of download being ready to install, I went to check. It was waiting for wifi connection to resume download at exact position it got to in the morning. So I hit connect on the wifi again, it connected instantly and about 20 sec later finished the download. waited about a minute for whatever it does after download and I kicked off the install.
I really hope that this update will now fix that automatic connection to wifi, as having to each time manually connect it would be really annoying.

I don't know if it is related, but for the last 3 weeks or so, my Wifi connection to the car has been a bit flakey, and quite often I need to manually connect it, or it cannot see my home wifi at all. Before that, it has always been rock solid. Have seen no degradation in other connections to my home wifi, just the car.

The demister buttons are under the current temperature setting and adjustment arrows in the bar at the bottom of the screen on the driver’s side.

They are quite small so easy to miss.
Yeah I hit that and it then shows the climate screen and you select it from there. It used to be a always on button, so now its a two click option, which whilst driving is tricker to navigate.

Reactions: Flatbat
Yeah I hit that and it then shows the climate screen and you select it from there. It used to be a always on button, so now its a two click option, which whilst driving is tricker to navigate.
Agree the two press demisting is far from ideal. Now that we have customisable buttons, it would be nice if all actions could be customisable, so that in winter one of them can be a single press for the demist function. It seems that all the non-driving buttons are customisable to single press whereas driving essentials are two press. I’m sure someone at tesla will claim thats how it will be for autonomous cars…which may well be the case but we arent driving autonomous cars.

Reactions: Hairyman