Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That is the point. Every defence has holes like the slips and lapses described above. It gives us another layer between safety and disaster. If we were perfectly vigilant and constantly aware it would be superfluous, but we’re not, so I am glad of the rescue and a reminder to take more care.

Reactions: Vostok
That is the point. Every defence has holes like the slips and lapses described above. It gives us another layer between safety and disaster. If we were perfectly vigilant and constantly aware it would be superfluous, but we’re not, so I am glad of the rescue and a reminder to take more care.
Thankyou...you are spot on ...everything happened so fast I didn't get to check again but thankfully the car had eyes in the back of my head.... literally... 🙂

Reactions: paulp and Vostok
Hi, new model 3 owner. I have received any of the 2022.4 updates. How do I ensure that the car gets it ?
Hi and welcome.
well you run 10 laps around the car whilst yelling “please elon”, plug it in for charging whilst standing on your head, and meditate positive thoughts towards it creator.

If none of that works just make sure your car is connected to wifi and wait for the wierd everchanging order known as a tesla update. There is nothing else you can do to influence it or know when it might happen. You will recieve an alert on the app.

Hi, new model 3 owner. I have received any of the 2022.4 updates. How do I ensure that the car gets it ?
Essentially it's random..

Much like getting the delivery VIN or delivery date.
It will come eventually.

But you can be weeks behind the YouTubers (or those with FSD) and will probably skip a few subversions.

TeslaFi is a good site to bookmark to see what much of the fleet is on.

There's an option on the LCD screen to select more aggressive update frequency - I can't remember the exact wording. Not sure if it works as advertised either, however mine is set and I seem to get reasonably frequent updates, although I'm still on 2021 software at the moment.It updated last week. It's not a process you can micromanage, it just happens when the update gods deem.

There's an option on the LCD screen to select more aggressive update frequency - I can't remember the exact wording. Not sure if it works as advertised either, however mine is set and I seem to get reasonably frequent updates, although I'm still on 2021 software at the moment.It updated last week. It's not a process you can micromanage, it just happens when the update gods deem.
Nuh it makes no difference. I have two model S that are identical. I turned one on and one off for more updates. They randomly take it in turns at recieving the update first and generally but not always both recieve the update on the same day. The last update the car with it off recieved the update a week before the car with it on. That button is just a laugh by some tesla engineers.

• Funny
Reactions: Tim W and Fazza
2022.4.5.3 installed this morning.

I was then charging.

This is now the screen that displays while the car is charging, the doors are all closed, and no-one is in the car:

ChargeScreen.jpg

I have no idea why they reduced the font size under the graphic and why it is so small. It is now basically unreadable.

Reactions: Wol747
I am on 2022.4.5. Two good things I like:

a. Left the car to sit for 7 days recently. Only lost 1% SOC from 75% to 74%. Very acceptable level of Vampire drain. Unlocked, sitting in the garage, no Sentry.

b. Waypoints and the ability to shuffle them around. I use them on every long trip. Way better than the no-waypoints days.