Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The second one ... sorry ... I thought the little smirk emoji gave it away!
Even still, that build _is_ going to FSD Beta cars (ie previous installed version 2022.44.25.5, 2022.44.30.5 or 2022.44.30.10 - aka 10.69.25.* FSD Beta builds).

Have a look on TeslaFi (if you don’t have an account, you can still access TeslaFi.com Firmware Tracker ) - not a big rollout to them yet but not none either.

Maybe these cars - where the previous installed build was an FSD Beta one, and they are now getting 2023.2.12 - are owners who have left the FSD Beta program, I don’t know… You‘d have to guess there were a few of these with the recent adverse publicity for FSD Beta, and some influencers saying that the most recent FSD Beta build has some regressions. Dunno.

Last edited:
Even still, that build _is_ going to FSD Beta cars (ie previous installed version 2022.44.25.5, 2022.44.30.5 or 2022.44.30.10 - aka 10.69.25.* FSD Beta builds).

Have a look on TeslaFi (if you don’t have an account, you can still access TeslaFi.com Firmware Tracker ) - not a big rollout to them yet but not none either.

Maybe these cars - where the previous installed build was an FSD Beta one, and they are now getting 2023.2.12 - are owners who have left the FSD Beta program, I don’t know… You‘d have to guess there were a few of these with the recent adverse publicity for FSD Beta, and some influencers saying that the most recent FSD Beta build has some regressions. Dunno.
I have recieved 2.12 and have not had FSD

• Funny
Reactions: ARMARM
What do you do when your car space doesn't have wifi to download the update? Where do you usually go to get free wifi outdoors 😅
Hotspot your mobile. Most updates 400-800Mb.

Vast majority of public wifi has a portal screen which the car can't get through..

Alternatively if you are close to a Tesla service centre or some (see the Wiki) superchargers, the car will auto connect to Tesla WiFi

Sorry - just to clarify (still waiting on mine) the OTA updates aren't actually OTA? as in - you *NEED* to connect to wifi to update? (won't be an issue for me, but surprising)
Over the air means you don’t have to take your car in, re traditional service model, to a SC….so the 4G connection is used to let you know an update is available however WiFi required to download the update (still OTA in my personal opinion)….

Sorry - just to clarify (still waiting on mine) the OTA updates aren't actually OTA? as in - you *NEED* to connect to wifi to update? (won't be an issue for me, but surprising)
If an update is important enough, or you are far enough “behind”, it can be pushed automatically to your car over the mobile connection, with or without premium connectivity.

As far as wifi, you only need it to _download_ the update (when it is available for your car it will download automatically when the car is next connected to wifi). It can install anywhere once downloaded; that is you don’t need wifi to update, only to download - and even then only if you don’t want to wait a really long time for it to be eventually pushed over the mobile network.

Alternatively if you are close to a Tesla service centre or some (see the Wiki) superchargers, the car will auto connect to Tesla WiFi
Canberra Supercharger allegedly has WiFi. Its SSID isn't public. Not sure what to make of that.
20230312_125100.jpg

20230312_125235.jpg

Screenshot_20230312_125511_Settings.jpg

Canberra Supercharger allegedly has WiFi.
Interesting; I saw that one and Gosford (and maybe another) shown as having wifi when I was looking through the updated charging prices recently and hadn’t had a chance to try one of them to see what - if anything - happened.

Looks like your car didn’t connect to it either (hidden or not) from the signal strength still being shown as the 4G style one rather than the wifi fan. I think I saw somewhere that the (US) Supercharger wifis showed up with a SSID of Tesla Service, so maybe between that not showing in your list and your car not auto-connecting to anything, either it’s not fully set up in Canberra yet or it is a data error?