Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The bloop noise with changing gears with the new update is irritating, however speed sign recognition seems a lot better on the freeway here in Melbourne , but still the car doesn’t necessarily slow down to the speed limit. Does anyone know how to have car slow down to displayed speed without pushing the speed sign?
Your car normally will slow down to displayed speed limit if it is a single lane road.

Well on Sunday I went to visit some friends and while the car parked in front of their house lost LTE again and reboot did not fix it so I went back to hotspot from my phone again. So I dont believe the LTE issues have been fully resolved as I had 1 day fine and next still issues on the new update.

Every time I mention to the car to navigate to Robina, it first writes it correctly, then amends it to Ravenna, Italy and tries to tell me there is no available route there, even though I am literally less than 10km from Robina. The routing voice commands spell checker is an idiot in that car.
:)

sounds like something loose - not a software issue.

if you ask it to go to my house it will try to direct you up the footpath - instead of down my street - it genuinely tries to drive to my house instead of up my driveway (my house backs a footpath/playground/open space).

Hmm hey can you also check if you have a chrome browser installed in you entertainment section?
Here is the identification (user agent) string from the built-in browser in firmware 2023.12.1.1 (now that my car has finally updated to that firmware this morning):

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/110.0.5481.177 Safari/537.36 Tesla/develop-2023.12.1.1-5-4b6b761981

So the car's web browser will appear to a web server (and indeed behave) as though it is Chrome 110.

On a Mac, the "real" Chrome browser (latest version) looks like this:
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/113.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

So as you can see, depending on how the web server is choosing to identify the browser (ie what specific parts of the user agent string they are looking for), the browser in the car looks somewhere between "very much like" and "identical to" a normal desktop Chrome browser.

Also the "All roads are 50 unless signed otherwise" sign when you come into Canberra - had a heart attack seeing that while i was doing 100
Previously had the reverse party trick. 60K zone with sign "Max Speed 110K unless otherwise signposted" It would see this and both TACC speed & Max changed to 110 and then it would start to accelerate. Since the 2023.12.1 update it now ignores this sign.

My old eyes love the font size increase, can now read nearly everything without glasses.

Scroll wheel customization, have set it to fan speed. It is dry season now so it is good to be able to turn it down as it usually defaults higher than required.

Voice recognition with British English also much improved for me, so apart from losing the Party trick generally all round a positive upgrade for me.

On Rosanna Rd it is 40 between 7am-7pm lots of signs to tell you it is.
Although north bound camera still #1 and and southbound camera #8 $ wise for camera money :)
After 7pm it still reads the 40 zone and chimes me I am speeding until it sees a 60 electronic sign and you get 100m relief
Be nice if it knew after 7pm those signs are not accurate.
You can see where real FSD they will still have work to do with different countries and states signs.

Voice rec doesn't love Australian place names... 5 km from the supercharger in Dubbo - 'navigate to supercharger in dubbo' - goes looking for places in Melbourne... 'navigate to nearest supercharger' - stars looking for the closest one on the map, that's now looking in Victoria.

V2023.2.12
To this day I have not managed to navigate to Lorne. Nor Urquhart's Bluff, nearby. Nor "Gran and Pa's", one of our Favourite locations. We are near Lorne relatively frequently and often play the game "where will we go today while trying to navigate to Lorne". It most frequently understands "Lauren", which I guess is how Lorne sounds in a nasal American accent.

My experience with the voice controls in general is that it almost always fails to do what I want. Totally useless except for a few rare exceptions.

Looking forward to trying British English voice recognition.

Currently on 2022.44.25.2.

Reactions: OzVic
On Rosanna Rd it is 40 between 7am-7pm lots of signs to tell you it is.
Although north bound camera still #1 and and southbound camera #8 $ wise for camera money :)
After 7pm it still reads the 40 zone and chimes me I am speeding until it sees a 60 electronic sign and you get 100m relief
Be nice if it knew after 7pm those signs are not accurate.
You can see where real FSD they will still have work to do with different countries and states signs.
I do not believe we get the latest FSD stack here in AU in recent times, I suspect our cars are running a rather older version of AP stack with some tweaks. Currently they seem to be developing and testing the system on US roads with their rules and signs, so ours would not really match that. No idea how much work it would be for them to adjust it for our rules and signs.
I am a bit surprised that your car reads the electronic 60 sign, as mine appears to ignore all electronic signs and just apply map data in their place, though it recognizes all non-electronic speed signs now.

My experience with the voice controls in general is that it almost always fails to do what I want. Totally useless except for a few rare exceptions.

Looking forward to trying British English voice recognition.
We have been using google to navigate in the old car forever - and it's right 95% of the time - Tesla nav seems to be 40% - even if you share the location - if the street is even slightly wrong (like has an extra e) - it won't find it.