Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think “the knob” is ridiculous. It’s what I think is laughable about other EVs interiors I’ve seen. Just buy another car and don’t add “the knob” to your Tesla.

Buy another car? Like what? all other EVs are basically unavailable or garbage and don’t have the supercharger network.

Just because I don’t think everything is perfect on Tesla doesn’t mean I should buy another car. I’ve never owned a car where everything is perfect; I have a sneaking suspicion I never will.

How is a knob laughable? People are praising the customisation of the left hand scroll wheel, a scroll wheel is a tactile input. All I asked for was more programable tactile inputs. Perhaps if they replaced the scroll wheels with little touch screens you’d would be pleased.

The culture of some Tesla fans to avoid offering any criticism of the product blows my mind. I’m not forcing you to like what I like. Just respect the fact that we are all not the same.

So - twice now since the latest update 2023.12.5 - two separate phones we've had the car fail to unlock - telling us to use the keycard - err - i pretty much never carry the keycard... should i be? is this new behaviour?

I always carry the keycard with me… just in case. At random times the car won’t detect my phone, so I just use the card instead. This doesn’t happen often, but the keycard gives me peace of mind. I usually forget that turning bluetooth off and on again on my phone allegedly fixes this problem when it happens.

Reactions: Sans-gas
So it looks like for Aussies (and other RHD markets) the future only holds Ey! (model 3 and Y). I just had my S Plaid order cancelled by Tesla, claiming they will not be supplying the new S nor X to RHD markets.

Time to switch which side we're driving on here. :)

My Tesla iOS app has a bug where it shows that 2013.12.5 is downloading (100%) with a spinner.
Problem is it was installed successfully on 6th May so this shouldn't be showing anymore. Same screen shows the installed version in the car at the bottom and states 2023.12.5
App is latest version, tried force quit and phone reboot.
Anyone else seeing this?

My Tesla iOS app has a bug where it shows that 2013.12.5 is downloading (100%) with a spinner.
Problem is it was installed successfully on 6th May so this shouldn't be showing anymore. Same screen shows the installed version in the car at the bottom and states 2023.12.5
App is latest version, tried force quit and phone reboot.
Anyone else seeing this?
No, but you might have to uninstall the app and reinstall. If its still occuring after that then its more likely a signal from the car rather than the app.

• Informative
Reactions: m4rtin
So - twice now since the latest update 2023.12.5 - two separate phones we've had the car fail to unlock - telling us to use the keycard - err - i pretty much never carry the keycard... should i be? is this new behaviour?
I have had that 2-3 times in the last month, and so far just launching the app on the phone has fixed it every time. Even though you can see from the notification bar on the phone that the app is running. So it might be just the phone app or some phone security update that is messing with it and not the car side of software at all.

You may want to check in the App that "Passive Authentication" is not toggled to off. If it is, it will cause what you are describing

Reactions: johnchidgey