Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Updated yesterday, came back to find the lights were on after the update. Bit strange. Problem is the lights stay on after driving, locking car since the update. Come back to see if lights timed themselves off, nope, still on, only way is to open the car, turn lights off, then lock car. Pain in the butt. Is there a way of reporting this, anyone have a solution or have I tuned on a , drain battery option inadvertently. Any help appreciated.

Updated yesterday, came back to find the lights were on after the update. Bit strange. Problem is the lights stay on after driving, locking car since the update. Come back to see if lights timed themselves off, nope, still on, only way is to open the car, turn lights off, then lock car. Pain in the butt. Is there a way of reporting this, anyone have a solution or have I tuned on a , drain battery option inadvertently. Any help appreciated.
Have you checked your light are on auto in the settings?
Have you reset the screen by pressing the two scroll wheels until everything goes blank? This fixes a lot of issues.
If yes to those than best way is to schedule a service call using the app. It works well. You have to select a date and place but typcially tesla will contact you before then to try and fix it remotely.

• Helpful
Reactions: Hairyman
Have you checked your light are on auto in the settings?
Have you reset the screen by pressing the two scroll wheels until everything goes blank? This fixes a lot of issues.
If yes to those than best way is to schedule a service call using the app. It works well. You have to select a date and place but typcially tesla will contact you before then to try and fix it remotely.
Car turned off the lights on my last run. Will try the reset (found a few different levels to try) if it comes back. Never had any issues till now, pretty amazing with all the different tech / systems, appreciate the reply / tips :)

Reactions: paulp and Hairyman
Are you in the "standard" or "advanced" release train?
Although one is recently sold, for 4 years I had 2 identical model S with a vin seperated by one digit. One was set to advanced and the other to standard. It seemed like the standard setting got updates sooner than the advanced but it was really random, and sometimes weeks apart with either being first.

Just had the service guy out then and he said it's a worldwide issue at the mo and pretty much just need to wait for a software fix
Haven't seen to many other reports on the various forums, so could also be code for nothing obviously wrong obviously wrong so let's hope the next upgrade fixes it

In my three years I've had it happen ocassionally (maybe 5 times) and normally after a software update.

Haven't seen to many other reports on the various forums, so could also be code for nothing obviously wrong obviously wrong so let's hope the next upgrade fixes it

In my three years I've had it happen ocassionally (maybe 5 times) and normally after a software update.
I was given the same excuse when tesla introduced their own half baked voice system. Still waiting for that update to make it work properly. Been a few years.

Ah there's been a few cases on this forum, and a few in a discord I'm in as well. Plus he did call beforehand and say it's a known issue, but he was going to check the wiring was seated properly just in case as he'd seen that one before.

But yep, a bit of bullshit wouldn't surprise me at all :D