Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Though that will not work if the app is not connecting to the car. Still need to be close enough to either bluetooth it or manually open door (which requires a bluetooth connection to unlock)
Yeah, it works sometimes but not others. I went to my garage and opened the door. The app showed the car unlock, but was still showing "X minutes since last seen" and hadn't updated any of the charging information. I am still on 2024.2.7, so this wasn't caused by the recent firmware update.

Reactions: elddum
We’re at cross puposes, one last attempt before I give up as everyone else is probably bored by now

You only ever get a speed camera notification if you pay - that seems to be your point, nobody disagrees

You only ever get a speed camera notification if you are using the nav. Why not with all driving? is how I and I believe most read the question

ie
No premum, no alerts when using nav, no alerts when not using nav
Premium, alerts when using nav, no alerts when not using nav <= why not both is the question, and it’s not lack of premium

So I did about 600km driving over the weekend mostly south-east QLD and north-east NSW. I have premium connectivity that I am paying for monthly and have been paying for over the last 5 years. I am on 2024.8.7 software since last Friday. I have the Online routing enabled under Navigation and I do get traffic routing advice and re-routing happening when heavy traffic appears on my path. However, after driving past a multitude of speed cameras both stationary and mobile as well as red light cameras and point to point speed cameras, while having navigation destination see and using TACC, Autopilot or neither on occasions, I have yet to see a single speed camera icon on my screen in the car. I suspect either the areas I drive dont have those cameras listed at the source Tesla uses or some flag did not get set in my car when that update installed. I did try a car reboot on Sunday morning before driving and that did not change anything.
So just saying that even if you pay, that feature may not appear or all areas may not be covered by it.

Could not connect to car via app for nearly 24hrs while on 2.7
Opened door to fix the issue
Then 8.7 came around
No further connectivity issues

Correlation doesn't equal causation.. ;)

It's just a co-incidence.

I've been on 2024.8.7 since 28th of March. No remote wake-ups have been working for the last 3 or 4 days.

But today it works.

Someone at Telstra (or Tesla) has bounced the relevant server / black box.

Correlation doesn't equal causation.. ;)

It's just a co-incidence.

I've been on 2024.8.7 since 28th of March. No remote wake-ups have been working for the last 3 or 4 days.

But today it works.

Someone at Telstra (or Tesla) has bounced the relevant server / black box.
Not here :(

IMG_0082.jpeg

Reactions: elddum
I drove Sydney Northern Beaches to Canberra (325km) Friday afternoon in the horrendous weather. So it was a good chance to test 2024.8.7 which I received the night before. I really needed well functioning wipers and I'm pleased to report that (at least for me) they were the best they have been. This is after a low point a few releases ago when I found them almost useless. One place, a car in the adjacent lane hit deep water and this obliterated any forward vision but before I could react, the car swept it all away.Three times I did initiate a manual wipe because I wanted it clearer but it was probably about to do it. So, very happy with that and the weather was absolutely horrendous. Of course, there were the usual crazies whistling past at over 130km/hr. Energy consumption about 25% worse than normal with very heavy rain and strong adverse winds.

Autosteer did brilliantly but then I have always found it good. Not fazed at all by all the water.

Speed sign recognition was not improved with many reports of wrong speed mostly from entries and exits on the freeway and highway. Picked up some roadwork signs but not others which looked to conform to colour/shape/size/height expectations.

That's about it.

Is it actually sleeping? Or is sentry or something keeping it awake?
It’s with sentry off. It was not connecting yesterday.

I drove Sydney Northern Beaches to Canberra (325km) Friday afternoon in the horrendous weather. So it was a good chance to test 2024.8.7 which I received the night before. I really needed well functioning wipers and I'm pleased to report that (at least for me) they were the best they have been. This is after a low point a few releases ago when I found them almost useless. One place, a car in the adjacent lane hit deep water and this obliterated any forward vision but before I could react, the car swept it all away.Three times I did initiate a manual wipe because I wanted it clearer but it was probably about to do it. So, very happy with that and the weather was absolutely horrendous. Of course, there were the usual crazies whistling past at over 130km/hr. Energy consumption about 25% worse than normal with very heavy rain and strong adverse winds.

Autosteer did brilliantly but then I have always found it good. Not fazed at all by all the water.

Speed sign recognition was not improved with many reports of wrong speed mostly from entries and exits on the freeway and highway. Picked up some roadwork signs but not others which looked to conform to colour/shape/size/height expectations.

That's about it.

Just in time to test it out during the return trip SYD-MEL . I have heard good things about it on a Facebook group Tesla Owners Australia | Some thoughts on 2024.8.7 after a 3 hour drive to Melbourne, using country roads, freeways and city streets | Facebook

Last edited:
My car wouldn’t wake up when I walked up to it after work.
Tried closing and reopening the app, turn Bluetooth on and off etc.

Eventually I got the card out of my wallet and used that to open the door.

Once in, the car still wasn’t recognising my phone so I had to do this.

IMG_0084.jpeg

Drove home ok, bitcworried about that tho as I don’t carry my wallet with the card in it very often