Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Only if your audio is set to Bluetooth. If it's set to Spotify, you get nothing.

Having said that, on my Samsung S22+ I can customise certain applications to always play alerts on the phone's speaker, regardless of what I'm playing in Tesla Audio. It's in Settings -> Sounds and Vibration -> Separate app sound. I've set up Waze, Uber Driver and Messages to always play on the audio device 'Phone'. I never ever want to miss an Uber ping because I was listening to in-car Spotify!
Thanks Fellas

I haven't been able to get waze alerts while listening to Spotify. I've only been able to do it while selecting bluetooth as media though.
What special thing did you have to do to get it to work?

Play sound via Bluetooth phone call

IMG_0091.jpeg

I’m all good now, until the next thing haha. learning every day :)
Haha, it continues to be a learning experience.

The reason for this thread's existence and continued popularity is that it's been an invaluable forum for sharing knowledge and gotchas related to new software versions. Those that bravely go early usually help the rest of us who prefer a more conservative approach.

Reactions: dronus
Interesting, I thought the wipers were acting better than usual as well yesterday with a trip in Melb with various rain conditions...
I hope it rains again here soon.
It rained the other day but stopped just before I drove home so I still didn’t get to test the wipers.

I’m really digging the “ready to leave by…” thing, that’s heaps groovy.. nice warm car charged to 100%.. will be heaps rad in the depths of winter when it get heaps cold.. like below 10deg…

Reactions: Jules22
I’m really digging the “ready to leave by…” thing, that’s heaps groovy.. nice warm car charged to 100%.. will be heaps rad in the depths of winter when it get heaps cold.. like below 10deg…
I was in Canberra year before last in the dead of winter. Temperature inside the car was -8degC. Car was absolutely covered in frost- you could not see anything through the windows. Daughter in law's Holden was sitting near the Tesla and in the same state.

I started the car defrost from my phone and windows were all clear in a matter of minutes. Perhaps 5. Daughter in law started her car engine at the same time and was still not ready to drive after 15mins!

I had a dry swipe this morning around 7.30am. I don't think it was condensation. I just hit the washers and it didn't happen again.

But yeah, wipers in rain seem slightly better now. I drove to Sydney on Saturday, and there was awful rain from Canberra til the southern highlands. The settings it chose seemed appropriate for the conditions.

Drove home last night in heavy rain in Sydney. version 8.8. The auto wipers are a huge improvement after the software update. Only thing is at some point during the drive in the the rain, the wipers went CAT 4 SPEED when rain wasn't that heavy and it automatically slows right down when stopping at traffic lights.

Best thing was listening to Spotify with heated seats and heated steering wheel....temp was 12 degrees

Just in time to test it out during the return trip SYD-MEL . I have heard good things about it on a Facebook group Tesla Owners Australia | Some thoughts on 2024.8.7 after a 3 hour drive to Melbourne, using country roads, freeways and city streets | Facebook

Unfortunately, it was worse than before for me. The car seems to be afraid of B-Double trucks and consistently slows down while overtaking them. Also, auto lane change to the overtaking lane was working fine, but it wasn’t picking up the left lane for some reason. So I had to manually change lanes like a peasant.

On the plus side, I got very little steering wheel nag, maybe 4-5 times for the whole trip. Even the eyes on the road nag appeared only when I was blatantly holding up the phone and staring at it. I haven’t gotten a single AP strike so far. 🤞

I have this fairly regularly. It’s one of the annoying things about the car that is making me look forward to getting rid of it in 12 months time.
Weird! In 31 months of ownership I have not had this occur even once where I believe it was caused by the car. We had OnePlus3 and Oneplus6 phones for a couple of years and zero requests for the key. HOWEVER for the past 6 months I have had a Google Pixel 7A phone and perhaps 8 times I have had this. But in every case, it was not the car, because I turned off the phone Bluetooth and then turned it on again and the car opened or started fine. The card has remained, wrapped in foil, in my wallet throughout my ownership. Several times that the Pixel BT has mucked up, it has also affected other devices which have stopped working. BT on the Pixel was really bad when I first got it but now, several updates later, it is much improved though not completely fixed. Lots of complaints about Pixel BT on phone forums. As I write this, the last time I had a problem was over a month ago. I'm on 2024.8.7

The Oneplus3 phone has died but the Oneplus6 is current, as is the Pixel. Never once had or have a problem with OnePlus, only Pixel.

It’s one of the annoying things about the car that is making me look forward to getting rid of it in 12 months time
What phone.. Some phones can be aggressive at killing what they see as unused apps, particularly if you tend to leave apps open.

On some Androids you can turn off this feature under individual app settings.