Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With wipers on Manual IIII (because, well you know why) - suddenly they just stopped wiping. Completely stopped. I pressed the button on the stalk (with completely zero vision through the windscreen), and they started wiping again with the card pop-up now on III (ok, under the 2024.14 software it reduces from IIII to III if you press the button.)
Ouch. I'd heard of this and was fearing the worst when I got caught in a heavy downpour on the way to work yesterday (on 14.3), but was happy they worked perfectly. Unending dry wipes is the worst I've had in the last few weeks.

Reactions: dronus
Telstra-schmelstra :) I'm rural on starlink.
I guess me hotspotting to Telstra (after waiting weeks on Optus) and getting the update notification straight away I think 3 times in a row now could be coincidence, but if the telco made any difference starlink would be at the top of the list!

Remember when phones would be offered their OTA updates according to when the Telco approved it? Even non locked phones would get delayed by the ISP I’m guessing by some kind of filtering. I would go and buy a sim for another telco to put in my phone so it would trigger updates.
Yes I’m weird like that :)

Probably not true in this case as the car sim is on Telstra, but if the trigger for update is via wifi… see where I’m going?

Pure speculation, but I’ll keep testing.

2 in one day. If it rains it pours :)

IMG_0730.jpeg

Reactions: Jules22
Car is still hot spotted to Telstra phone btw
My hunch is the problem is your home wifi router having some filter/rules blocking half of the update conversation. That would explain your situation.
I had similar and it turned out to be the parental filtering (Circle) on my netgear router. Turned that off and all was fine. I’ll hazard a guess it’s something similar for you.

I’ll report back once it installs and I get a chance to check it out.
Yep. It has everything the 2024.14 updated brought to our MY expect the full screen visual of the car when in park and the enhanced surroundings visuals etc when driving. So no swipe that over for full screen either. The map to Tesla vision ratio remains the same as it has been for the last several years.

My hunch is the problem is your home wifi router having some filter/rules blocking half of the update conversation. That would explain your situation.
I had similar and it turned out to be the parental filtering (Circle) on my netgear router. Turned that off and all was fine. I’ll hazard a guess it’s something similar for you.
Could also be a route issue or DNS issue at that time.

Ohh trust me, there are no parental filters on my internet router 😉

• Funny
Reactions: ICUDoc
14.9 must be a bug fixer, I only just had 14.8 pushed last night to my car at around 8pm.. this afternoon my App tells me a new update is available (14.9). Installing now :)
The car graphics look a bit sharper, I’ve been out and about today and maybe it’s just me forgetting stuff but it looks neater.

Can anyone whos software is lower than 14.8 confirm whether or not the forwards facing tyre lines are there? It’s doing my head in haha.
Also, the nav icon looks different?

IMG_0743.jpeg

And what’s all this?

IMG_0744.jpeg