Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
😳 and it wasn’t even a long weekend… AMPcharge at Pheasant’s Nest?
Yes, I was surprised. The "sort-of" ski season has barely started. We did use Goulburn but only got 55kw max for a charge from 10% to 68%. Everyone was sharing because of the full house. I think holiday and long weekends are going to see a new level of queuing......despite Erlang!

After updating to 2024.20.1, my speed cameras are back!! This is good.

However, my first charging attempt after update - the charging port won’t let me charge any more.

I’ve tried voice command, pulling manual release, soft reboot…. Now service booked for next Monday!!! This is bad.

Anyone else had issues? Any ideas?

After updating to 2024.20.1, my speed cameras are back!! This is good.

However, my first charging attempt after update - the charging port won’t let me charge any more.

I’ve tried voice command, pulling manual release, soft reboot…. Now service booked for next Monday!!! This is bad.

Anyone else had issues? Any ideas?
Do you mean the charge port wont open, or the car wont charge?

I have an iphone 14pro, all a bit random but not really a big deal.
Was driving with some first time tesla n00bs today and (after doing the obligatory show them how to open the door) they loved it. They usually drive BMW and Audis but they were loving the Tesla experience.
That new v14 software is pretty snazzy :)
I have an iPhone 15 Pro and my wife has a Samsung S24 - there is considerable time lag between the two when it comes to auto locking. iPhone is way faster whereas with the Samsung we have to hold our breath for about 10-15 seconds before it auto locks....

Reactions: dronus
I have an iPhone 15 Pro and my wife has a Samsung S24 - there is considerable time lag between the two when it comes to auto locking. iPhone is way faster whereas with the Samsung we have to hold our breath for about 10-15 seconds before it auto locks....
I use a Samsung S24 and have no issues with auto locking. It always unlocks fine when I'm at the car. Also it locks after I walk about 5m away from the car.

Reactions: Wagits
2024.20.3 installed on my 2020 S. Other than having lost the satellite map (and having to re-enable it) I didn't notice anything new on a short drive just now. notateslaapp release notes seems to suggest they keep tinkering on the AP lockout strike numbers. Makes me wonder if we're ever going to get anything new on the "old" S/X.

I have a feeling it gets worse and worse with the app... Before it was showing nearly real time electricity consumption, now it updates every 30 seconds or something.

There’s always a slight delay in what the App shows - the servers are located in the USA, the data is travelling halfway around the world and back to report PW2 &/or car data. Does it really matter if there’s a 30 second delay or 30 second granularity?

If you want more “instantaneous” readings from your PW2, then connect directly to the PW2 gateway via your local network and ping it for measurements as often as you want, with ms response times.

There’s always a slight delay in what the App shows - the servers are located in the USA, the data is travelling halfway around the world and back to report PW2 &/or car data. Does it really matter if there’s a 30 second delay or 30 second granularity?

If you want more “instantaneous” readings from your PW2, then connect directly to the PW2 gateway via your local network and ping it for measurements as often as you want, with ms response times.
Of course there are workarounds, but they are nothing else than workarounds. The app was perfectly functional a few months ago, and then they decided to spoil it, and obviously there is no 30 second delay between me and a US server, just checked - 42ms ping with the east coast. Re workarounds - yes, first I paid 15k for the battery and then spend an evening to write this, only because they decided to reduce functionality of their app:

Screenshot 2024-06-25 at 1.48.33 PM.png

• Love