Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just downloading 14.8 now and it says minor fixes but I was thrilled to see 'HD, 3D Park Assist rendered images'. I'll be interested to see the difference from the grey blobs we had before.
Do you mean an update on the previous "grey blobs"? I haven't seen any notice of an update/change/new version from the previous one. Assuming you received other 14.x versions in the last month or two - guessing you did as you mentioned seeing "grey blobs" already.

Do you mean an update on the previous "grey blobs"? I haven't seen any notice of an update/change/new version from the previous one. Assuming you received other 14.x versions in the last month or two - guessing you did as you mentioned seeing "grey blobs" already.
From memory I was on 14.3 before. I was surprised to see the much better grey blobs rendered in the download info notes because no-one else had mentioned this AFAIK. I'll take a look after download and see what improvement.

I think you can monitor for your satisfaction, nothing wrong with that as we are paying for their work.
Actually there is something wrong with that! It can be illegal to record/monitor people in their workplace unless it is a proper authorised and controlled system with consideration in the employment contract. That’s why I have seen a number of traditional car dealership with signs up telling you to turn off all recording devices in your vehicle (inside and out) when leaving for a service.
Not sure if that varies by state.

Driving down the Vic Hume Hwy tonight in torrential rain, I experienced what one poster has reported previously:

With wipers on Manual IIII (because, well you know why) - suddenly they just stopped wiping. Completely stopped. I pressed the button on the stalk (with completely zero vision through the windscreen), and they started wiping again with the card pop-up now on III (ok, under the 2024.14 software it reduces from IIII to III if you press the button.)

A bug, I presume.

It went on to happen a total of 3 times on that journey.

That was on 14.7

I was offered 14.8 on arrival at home, now installed.

If there were any undisclosed “bug fixes” in this update, I hope that was one of them. Imagine being in a rental car and not knowing how to fix that problem in a hurry. I love my Tesla, but I’m sorry, there are certain “mission critical” requirements in an automobile.

Driving down the Vic Hume Hwy tonight in torrential rain, I experienced what one poster has reported previously:

With wipers on Manual IIII (because, well you know why) - suddenly they just stopped wiping. Completely stopped. I pressed the button on the stalk (with completely zero vision through the windscreen), and they started wiping again with the card pop-up now on III (ok, under the 2024.14 software it reduces from IIII to III if you press the button.)

A bug, I presume.

It went on to happen a total of 3 times on that journey.

That was on 14.7

I was offered 14.8 on arrival at home, now installed.

If there were any undisclosed “bug fixes” in this update, I hope that was one of them. Imagine being in a rental car and not knowing how to fix that problem in a hurry. I love my Tesla, but I’m sorry, there are certain “mission critical” requirements in an automobile.
I'd definitely report that to Tesla

Installed 2024.14.8 last night, and noticed this morning a change that I hadn't seen anyone mention before: the "short indicate" function (flash indicator 3 times then cancel) that was previously activated by moving the stalk only the first detent has apparently been removed.

Which is fine, except that I have that action quite firmly in my muscle memory now (for places like form-one-lane and exiting roundabouts), and will have to remember to actively cancel it each time.

• Informative
Reactions: elddum
Installed 2024.14.8 last night, and noticed this morning a change that I hadn't seen anyone mention before: the "short indicate" function (flash indicator 3 times then cancel) that was previously activated by moving the stalk only the first detent has apparently been removed.
I used to depend on that function, but when I switched to the automatic indicator cancel mode then this option was effectively deactivated.

What would be really nice is for the car to improve the indicator cancel mode to include roundabout exit detection. Then that would just leave weird intersections where the car wouldn't know what to do for manual deactivation. In that case, then we would see Tesla drivers leaving their indicators on for too long once they get the auto-cancelling muscle memory ;).

I also had 2024.14.8 installed after a loooong wait for an update of what seemed like a couple of months. I went for a drive after the update in some rain of varying intensity and the wipers did a perfect job. Now that was at night and I've always found them to perform better at night, so I'll leave final judgement until for a day time run.

Things of note for me were the increased size of the font to show the speed, and the Spotify speed change for podcasts. I don't have a use for the average speed detection or the speed camera chime (it only shows fixed cameras and I know where they are, plus I'm always on auto-pilot).

Actually there is something wrong with that! It can be illegal to record/monitor people in their workplace unless it is a proper authorised and controlled system with consideration in the employment contract. That’s why I have seen a number of traditional car dealership with signs up telling you to turn off all recording devices in your vehicle (inside and out) when leaving for a service.
Not sure if that varies by state.
I apologize for overlooking this legal aspect. I agree that we should obtain consent if we plan to record

Which is fine, except that I have that action quite firmly in my muscle memory now (for places like form-one-lane and exiting roundabouts), and will have to remember to actively cancel it each time.
I installed 2024.14.8 yesterday and my indicators haven't changed. I just checked the function you described above and it is working. Perhaps you need a two-button reboot?

its in Valet mode
Doesn’t that lock the frunk? That may prevent them from doing the work properly?
I had PPF and Ceramic done and had to leave it all as normal so they could access everything. All I could do was speed limit… but as my guys had a couple of Porsche GT3 Competition spec cars doing the same, they weren’t about to take mine for a fang😀

BUT this is way OFF TOPIC and there is a very comprehensive thread on PPF/Ceramic/tinting etc elsewhere under the Australia forum.

I love my Tesla, but I’m sorry, there are certain “mission critical” requirements in an automobile.

This is 100% my thoughts on the car. They have the EV technology nailed, so much more efficient that any other car. They just need to get the whole “being a car” bit right, which I don’t think they have. As I’ve said repeatedly, doing things differently is only good if it’s an improvement over the way it has been done previously. Innovation is a change that adds value, not a change for the sake of it.