Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software Version 10.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes NOA is a single blue lane line. I am talking about the absence of any "hold the wheel" nag in NOA before the lane change in the video.
My bad didn't watch to the end. Since he is manually forcing the lane changes using the signal doesn't that negate the nag? Hard to remember sitting here but the signal is the same as torquing the wheel of pressing one of the buttons.

My bad didn't watch to the end. Since he is manually forcing the lane changes using the signal doesn't that negate the nag? Hard to remember sitting here but the signal is the same as torquing the wheel of pressing one of the buttons.

Is he forcing the lane change or is it an "unconfirmed" lane change? That's my question. I guess the absence of NOA's "press to cancel lane change" button at the top of the nav would suggest a forced lane change.

Is he forcing the lane change or is it an "unconfirmed" lane change? That's my question. I guess the absence of NOA's "press to cancel lane change" button at the top of the nav would suggest a forced lane change.
Even on Mad Max NOA doesn't change lanes and then back to the same lane in just over 5 seconds. Must be forcing it or it is not working correctly ping ponging lans like that especially moving back with a car in front.

Even on Mad Max NOA doesn't change lanes and then back to the same lane in just over 5 seconds. Must be forcing it or it is not working correctly ping ponging lans like that especially moving back with a car in front.

You are probably right. Dang it. I was hoping Tesla was ready to remove the "hold wheel" nag in NOA. I guess not.

Reactions: jebinc and JulienW
not sure how useful that is while driving...

That seems...useless. I am thinking hard to try to think of a situation where that would be useful.

Yeah, right now it certainly appears to be less than useful, even possibly distracting. But I wonder if it is setting things up for the car doing it during certain situations when FSD rolls out. For example, at an intersection, I could see the car automatically rotating the visualizations by 45 degrees to better show cross traffic when it is preparing to make a right turn.

It is ok to call a spade a spade, and say it is “definitely distracting and not something any driver should be doing.”

This screen will start to have some utility if Level 3+ driving ever comes along. Maybe.

It is entirely possible that the driver being able to zoom and rotate is only meant for Early Access for the purpose of testing and debugging and is not intended for final public release. I do believe that the car will zoom and rotate the driver visualizations automatically when FSD is out. After all, the driver visualizations already zoom out now when cars approach you from behind. As I mentioned before, rotating the screen could be useful when navigating certain intersections. I could see the car rotating the screen automatically in those situations. Keep in mind too that the driver visualizations will show even more detail when FSD is out as we saw in the FSD video. What we are seeing here with the new auto lane change animation is just part 1.

Reactions: 82bert
Lacking substance, it’s more parlor tricks and gimmicks, sadly. Maybe we’ll be pleasantly surprised when v10 is released. Maybe not.
Rotating completely sideways seems not so useful to me, can't think of a use I'd have for it, but I do wish I had some camera/zoom control on that view. Set it and leave, rather than the system automatically controlling the camera angle. Set and leave means no real safety issues.

The full 360 in both axis plus zoom is probably just something that comes with what was needed to get done give that.

Interesting with this pinch and zoom possibility for surrounding cars. This will however not be possible on Model S/X since it doesn't have the touch screen in the instrument cluster similar to Model 3. Wonder how they will handle this between the cars?