Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla stock price $1733 13 July 2020

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There seems to be no end to how far this stock will climb. I have been waiting since $750 to buy some but want to buy on a dip and it never dips!

I own and love my Model 3 but it seems like the whole investment world is waking up to Tesla and the shorts are being burned.

I guess it must be a very hard company to value.

• Funny
Reactions: Dutchie
I’m about crying. Thought about buying some during lockdown dip when they went below 400usd. Was struggling with time managing other things and didn’t get round to it as not so straightforward from UK. Kicking myself now!

It’s always been quite a volatile stock. If you can hold for a few years it’s a bit safer than if you are looking for a quick buck I guess. No one knows the answer, only you!

I've put a whopping $120 in at $1,746... Eye on September announcements and Q3 end to cash out! Plus, if I drive one, it's just quite cool to say you've also got flesh in the game, I think!

Reactions: Durzel
On the one hand I wish I'd bought some during the lockdown, but didn't due to not knowing how to, and running out of mana quickly.

On the other hand I wish I'd done lots of things. Hindsight is 20/20.

There is also this - 3 Stocks to Avoid This Week | The Motley Fool - which is an interesting counter-argument.

On a long enough timeline I think TSLA stock will go up, but I also think its value is somewhat in the clouds at the moment. Musk even said so himself (as much as you can take him seriously at all times)

On the one hand I wish I'd bought some during the lockdown, but didn't due to not knowing how to, and running out of mana quickly.

On the other hand I wish I'd done lots of things. Hindsight is 20/20.

There is also this - 3 Stocks to Avoid This Week | The Motley Fool - which is an interesting counter-argument.

On a long enough timeline I think TSLA stock will go up, but I also think its value is somewhat in the clouds at the moment. Musk even said so himself (as much as you can take him seriously at all times)

Unfortunately the Motley Fool articles on Tesla are written by people who just see the numbers - they haven't a clue about the company. They think Tesla is all about cars forgetting entirely about the battery technology
The rise at the moment is on the hope that Q2 figures which will be announced next week will show a profit.
If Tesla do make a profit in Q2 they will gain entry to the S&P500 index. By being in the S&P500, Tesla shares become available for fund buyers, who will inevitaby buy in hoooge numbers making the stock appreciate even more.
So this bubble has a week to go yet...
Then there is battery day to come...
...and bumper Q3 results...
...and..

On the other hand there are some very wealthy people who are about to become a lot poorer. The shorters.
I do not know why Tesla attract so many short buyers. They can't have amassed their fortunes by being stupid.
They are very very exposed at the moment and so I expect a flood of 'true stories' and 'revelations' rubbishing Tesla to hit the street in an attempt to start a decline in the stock price.
Lets hope they continue to get their fingers well and truly burnt.

I put a bit in when I bought the car in February(I think it worked out at 3.27 shares) so watching with interest. All the analysts say it's overpriced, in a bubble etc. They would because they've been trained to look at fundamentals and on that basis the price is indeed crazy. What they are missing is popular sentiment. Anyone who follows Mr Musk and Tesla knows the company is just scratching the surface at the moment. Musk is cars, Gigafactories, SpaceX, Boring Company, Neuralink, energy products, Starlink etc. Only the first is on the stock market and the technology and skills are cross company. That's why one day, Tesla will be up with the trillion dollar club of companies. Of course the stock will drop before that but whether the days of 450$ will come again...I think not.

Reactions: KennethS
I’d suggest that given There has been a fairly consistent upward trend from May last year it could be a fair bet. It has sky rocketed since the March low which may show that its overbought and could be due a retraction in the short term ahead of making another break in September on the news from the battery release.

that being said it won’t I’d suspect it won’t be the massive drop back to the 300 range, that everyone wants.

just my 2 cents from a brief review of the charts this afternoon.

I always kicked myself for missing apple/google investments back in the day... and when I saw what Tesla was doing I was determined not to miss the boat this time.

Potentially lots of good news still to come, with Q2 results next week (profit?), Q3 following should then be their best yet, GigaBerlin should dramatically increase sales and profit, battery day should be VERY interesting, then the energy business where it seems like a lot is going on in different markets and we are only seeing a glimpse at the moment, with mass scale storage, generation and distribution also possible.

IMHO the biggest factor to be priced in is autonomy, if Tesla can get a level 5 robotaxi service going, then the profit potential per unit sky rockets.

I'm not gonna sell yet.

Reactions: CMc1
Like Vanilla Air I dipped back into Tesla in April and doubled my money but sold on Wednesday thinking it couldn’t possibly go any higher. Up 25% since then!

My worry is the black swan event. Elon Musk is Tesla. If ever something happened to Elon I think Tesla’s share price would crater. Also other manufacturers (VW announcement today on the ID3) will start to catch up eventually.

Like Apple (and that can be debatable) Tesla will have to keep on innovating to stay ahead of the game.

Think part of the sharp rise today is a leak that says Elon has been looking at a site for Gigafactory 5/6 in India - another potentially big market.

Reactions: CMc1
What does everyone reckon? Invest now anyway and hope it continues climbing, or avoid as it's bound to crash some time soon?

Well, wifey and I bought at a little below $20, way back. She said, "What if it crashes?" I told her I didn't think it would. Why do people think it's going to crash now? When they join the S&P500, what do you think will happen? Hmmmmm.

Reactions: Yev000