Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla stock price $1733 13 July 2020

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think the drop is a result of not being admitted to the S&P 500. I think most people thought it was a done deal including some of the index funds themselves who possibly started buying before they would be forced to. As a result, not only was there disappointment there were the large index funds disposing of their unwanted shares too. Additionally, the fact that GM have apparently done a deal with Nikola seems to have had an affect too.
I'm not sure whether 'battery day' will cause the shareprice to appreciate much as it has been hyped for sometime and the value is probably in there already. What will hopefully make the price go up again is the Q3 deliveries - I suspect the market will have underestimated Tesla again.
Anyway, if someone bought a share as late as the end of July they are still in profit.

Tesla seemed to know exactly where the top of the market was selling $5B in shares. If Tesla really thought battery/investor day in a week or so was going to shock the market and drive the price higher, would you not do your rights issue after it? I would. So maybe that’s going to be less inspiring and I think plenty of people are getting fed up with a Teslas jam tomorrow predictions on the new stuff like a FSD, Robotaxi, Roadster, Semi, Solar-roof. Be great if and when some of those things arrive, but FSD as an example is becoming more of a joke on forums now than an exciting buzz of expectation.

Nobody knows (who can talk about it at least) and it’s easy to forget the valuation of this company. I read a post the other day where somebody was getting excited about a forecast Tesla would be making as many cars as BMW in 5 years. At the time Tesla as a company were valued 10x that of BMW. I think some still think it’s a small startup type company.

Reactions: Artiste
. . . . which Elon says is going to be a huge day for Tesla

Elon says a lot, but half of it is pure BS. FSD feature complete by the end of LAST year? A million robotaxis on the road by the end of THIS year?

I’m not saying he won’t get there eventually, but I’m always amazed at how tolerant people are of his unbelievably unreliable timelines. That tolerance might not last for ever.

Reactions: Hurricane and Type2
Was in a rush to take the screenshot so apologies it's off centre, however, I'm glad I caught this from a few minutes ago:

2020-09-29 16_16_03-Window.png

• Funny
Reactions: AnthonyLR
Have same note, different date i.e. end 2021.

Berlin & Texas should be up and running, 2nd line in Shanghai will have been producing model Y's for the better part of a year, yet another 50% increase in annual sales i.e. 750K-800K, and where will the battery tech be i.e. is the pilot plant ready for the big time producing big (and cheap) cells for cybertrucks, semi's etc, what is the production capacity of all 4 plants when fully built out (seems to be millions ?)

Interestingly this is my 1st experience of owning shares and that's only because am sold on companies mission and they seem to hve a viable path to achieving it (I think that's what the professionals call research :p)