Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Supercharger network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TMC.png

Well, we will see how the West Coast network works for the corporate run from SD to Vancouver.

Latest Supercharger map has a Fall 2013 dot on I-5 in what looks like Dunnigan, CA. Perhaps at the rest stop?
It looks to be on I-5 just north of where I-5 and 505 meet. It's not the Vacaville charger because Winter 2013 shows that as a separate dot at the corner of 505 and 80.

Hmm, there is the question of what constitutes "a few months". The current map shows only a "soon to come" supercharger in Vt at White River Junction by Winter 2013 and from there to Montreal is 189 mi which is doable. The Manchester, NH one is too far. Perhaps they'll do the one in Albany, NY. It's at 222 mi, which I guess is possible, but sounds pretty tight. The ones near Burlington, VT aren't slated till 2014, but they'd make the trip a lot more reasonable.

Latest Supercharger map has a Fall 2013 dot on I-5 in what looks like Dunnigan, CA. Perhaps at the rest stop?
It looks to be on I-5 just north of where I-5 and 505 meet. It's not the Vacaville charger because Winter 2013 shows that as a separate dot at the corner of 505 and 80.

I noticed that too. There's actually a restaurant and truck stop there that would be a perfect fit for it.

I am still hoping to be able to drive from VA to FL this winter break. Rocky Mount should be done in a two weeks or so. Then it's merely 578 miles to Port Orange.

Therefore, I sent the following to Tesla. I'm hoping if enough people say something, we can get the to push on these two superchargers.

==============

I am an owner (VIN #xxxxx) and I live in Richmond, VA. I want to congratulate your team in the progress you have made so far with rolling out superchargers. I witnessed the build out at the Glen Allen supercharger and I was very impressed with those contractors. I saw them work through the rain under tarps using heaters in order to meet the aggressive schedule. They were always enthusiastic and polite and the site looks terrific. They went the extra mile and sealed the entire expanse of the parking lot near that supercharger, not just the spaces of the supercharger itself which really made the area look fantastic.

As always, we want more. My family and I would very much like to drive in our Performance 85 Model S to Orlando, FL this winter. I know that the Rocky Mount Supercharger is well underway and should be completed in early or mid November. I am very much hoping that at the very least, two more superchargers will be available by late December:

Santee/Charleston, SC - there are quite a few restaurants at mile market 98, the intersection of I-95 and Highway 6/15. It is 241 miles from the Rocky Mount Supercharger so it's reachable with a 85 kWh battery pack. The points directly north and south are not as interesting. One is likely to drive past this to go to Charleston from the north and is just within reach from Rocky Mount with the bigger pack.

Yulee/Jacksonville, FL - maybe mile marker 373, intersection with the Buccaneer Trail, Highway 200. That's 221 miles from the Santee location above and 119 miles from the Port Orange Supercharger. It's far away enough from Jacksonville that the locals might not clog it up all the time like at River City Marketplace that is 2 exits south.

I'm hoping that your team can expedite these two locations so that is is possible to travel most of I-95 in an 85kWh Model S as soon as possible, well ahead of Mr. Musk's tweet today. Certainly, it would be nice to then have a Georgia and southern NC site also, but the two above really make it possible to connect Florida to the northeast.

I am still hoping to be able to drive from VA to FL this winter break. Rocky Mount should be done in a two weeks or so. Then it's merely 578 miles to Port Orange.

Therefore, I sent the following to Tesla. I'm hoping if enough people say something, we can get the to push on these two superchargers.

==============

I am an owner (VIN #xxxxx) and I live in Richmond, VA. I want to congratulate your team in the progress you have made so far with rolling out superchargers. I witnessed the build out at the Glen Allen supercharger and I was very impressed with those contractors. I saw them work through the rain under tarps using heaters in order to meet the aggressive schedule...

Santee/Charleston, SC - there are quite a few restaurants at mile market 98, the intersection of I-95 and Highway 6/15. It is 241 miles from the Rocky Mount Supercharger so it's reachable with a 85 kWh battery pack.

What about those with a 60 kWh battery pack? Why not lobby for a 3rd supercharger even though that would end up with superchargers in different locations?
This thread is a good example of what can happen.
http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/23246-quot-Zero-quot-means-quot-Zero-quot-Caution-about-Vegas-to-LA-trip!

Last edited:
241 miles is too great a distance. I have a P85 with the Michelin tires. No matter how hard I try, I can only get a little more than 200 miles to a range charge (when fully charged, it indicates 259-261 miles range, but I only get about 210 actual miles). And this is with the HVAC OFF and the range driving mode set to ON, and not going more than 6, 7 miles over the posted speed limit (which means I have to stay in the right lane, as every other car passes me on the road).

I have been in touch with Tesla regarding a road trip from DC to AZ, and have been told several times to plan on charging every 175 miles.