Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Supercharger network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Saw on Twitter from Tesla Motors: "@TeslaMotors: Northwest: I-5 Superchargers are live! Model S owners now travel for free between Portland, Seattle, and Vancouver! http://t.co/QzdX2pBX7Xz"

Has anyone visited?

My wife and I charged in Centralia yesterday evening, and the grand opening ceremonies were this morning at the Burlington site. By now I would guess there have been plenty of charges at both sites.

Look in the Community / Northwest section - there are threads for both supercharger sites with more details.

I know that the proposed site in Florida need to be re-done. There is no need for 3 stations near Jacksonville & nothing in Orlando. When Floridians drive north they go either I-95 or Fl Turnpike thru Orlando!!!!!

+1 I do understand the concept that SC are meant to be between the destinations, not at the destinations. However, it still make a lot of sense to have a SC in/near Orlando for those folks not staying at a hotel with charging stations... Perhaps near Disney or Kissimmee?? Besides, with the high number of international visitors to Orlando, it would be a good way to showcase the Tesla SC capabilities to potential customers checking out the new Tesla Store and service center there.

Saw on Twitter from Tesla Motors: "@TeslaMotors: Northwest: I-5 Superchargers are live! Model S owners now travel for free between Portland, Seattle, and Vancouver! http://t.co/QzdX2pBX7Xz"

Has anyone visited?
Just visited the Burlington charger today on the way to Vancouver. Worked great. I expect that someone will develop the vacant lot near there to offer something other than burgers to the Tesla clientele.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, both.

You would. What'd you do, drive to Burlington, charge, drive to Centralia, charge, then go home?

I used the Port St Lucie Supercharger and thought I'd share some real world data with you all coming from the North. Driving from Merritt Island it is 94 miles down. All ranges are quoted in "ideal". I started at 305mi and had 176mi by the time I got there. Topped up to 277 within about 32 minutes. 194mi/hr recharge- 128A 375V was showing at the beginning of this charge session lots of fluctuation and tapering as I watched the mobile app. Even before 6am, Starbucks was open. Went down to Ft Lauderdale averaging 70mph due to rush hour traffic even in the HOV, but achieved 308wh/mi average over the 100 miles. Had my meeting without charging and hopped back on the road after letting a friend drive 5 brisk miles. Went 205 mi total, back to the Supercharger in PtSt Lucie. Went a little faster back up and averaged 318wh/mi with A/C cranked, but in range/eco mode. Made it with 5 miles to spare. When I plugged in with that little battery showing, I could have sworn I saw it spike to 440 mi/hr of recharge for a couple seconds. By the time I got my camera out, it had settled to 292mi/hr of recharge. Went into Fridays and had dinner (show your key for the 25% TMC discount on your entire bill). Within 12-13 min it had recharged from 5 to 113mi according to the mobile app, as the appetizer arrived. It slowed some, but within 54 min I had 228 mi showing. Color me impressed. Thank you Tesla. Total cost was about $3.40 for recharging 104 miles the night before and around $6 to recharge the 170 mi the night I returned. Less than $10 for a trip that usually cost ~$62 for gas in my 25mpg Sebring and alot more fun. I did have to plan in the extra stop time, but using the HOV lane earned back 10-15 min in traffic and it was manageable with meal breaks. For my location, it has opened up S Florida to Ft Lauderdale for day trips without much change in scheduling or logistics. For Miami, you will probably need to top up down there I order to safely make it back at highway speeds, but more efficient drivers on a full range charge maybe able to do it. Hope this helps some of you planning your journeys.
image.jpg

Last edited:
I attended the ribbon cutting at the new superchargers in Ft. Myers, FL. Close to 30 Model S cars and drivers in attendance. 8 charging bays. My Model S got it's first taste of a Supercharger. Great mall location. Perfectly located between Tampa and Ft. Lauderdale. One of the 8 stalls was marked as handicap. Curiously, four of the stalls had signs which permitted any type of car (non EV), to park there for up to 30 min. (as if). Can't see the sense in that. I wouldn't think of blocking a gas pump for 30 min. Leave it to Florida.

This week, Florida went from zero supercharger stations to two stations. Anxiously looking forward to connecting Florida to DC by year end to permit driving from Miami to Boston. Don't you just love it when a company (Tesla) makes big plans and then delivers!

THANKS TESLA MOTORS!

Curiously, four of the stalls had signs which permitted any type of car (non EV), to park there for up to 30 min. (as if). Can't see the sense in that.

Maybe they could not secure enough reserved parking spaces?

Anybody charging there should definately take one of the non-reserved spots if they are available so there will be reserved spots vacant for others to use.