Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Supercharger network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like there's been some additional progress at Gilroy since the last pictures. These were taken yesterday. Charging stands, cables, and ports are installed. Not functional yet, but getting close! Good thing, too. All existing Superchargers were in use and a line was starting when I arrived.
I am sure they would like to get these online by Thanksgiving - busy travel weekend!

Having just driven from Seattle to the Bay Area and back, I would like to suggest that trash cans be placed at or near the superchargers. There would probably be a bit of extra paperwork and cost to arrange a trash pickup, but at several of the six superchargers I visited (twice each), I saw latte cups and other debris. The nearest trash can is often a block or two away.

I've suggested that we take care of the superchargers/area ourselves, cleaning them (a simple wipe down with a clean damp cloth) if they need it, even picking up the area a little and disposing of the trash etc. It's the least we can do for the energy we are receiving. O.K., I gotta walk a block or two….. yea! I can do that! I do not want to add any expenses to the superchargers/area/Tesla/local property owners. I just think we can pick up after ourselves.. and others if need be, to avoid adding any $ to the site locals.

I've suggested that we take care of the superchargers/area ourselves, cleaning them (a simple wipe down with a clean damp cloth) if they need it, even picking up the area a little and disposing of the trash etc. It's the least we can do for the energy we are receiving. O.K., I gotta walk a block or two….. yea! I can do that! I do not want to add any expenses to the superchargers/area/Tesla/local property owners. I just think we can pick up after ourselves.. and others if need be, to avoid adding any $ to the site locals.

This is also helps maintain a positive image of the Tesla brand and its owners.

The other problem with trash cans is they become a magnet for trash that doesn't always end up inside them. I prefer the carry in carry out system, people have no problem keeping track of containers when they have product in them, no reason they can't hang on to them to dispose of later when they are empty. Your trash is your responsibility.

Good point. I did in fact pick up the trash that I saw.

The other problem with trash cans is they become a magnet for trash that doesn't always end up inside them. I prefer the carry in carry out system, people have no problem keeping track of containers when they have product in them, no reason they can't hang on to them to dispose of later when they are empty. Your trash is your responsibility.

I agree with this, and I keep trash bags in my car for exactly this reason. There's no excuse for littering when it is so easy to keep a trash bag in the car.

As far as trash near Supercharger stations, it is possible that wind can blow empty bottles and paper into the station, so I think occasional trash cleanup service may not be a bad idea.

As I study the pad of superchargers I have a question. Will each of the new stalls have their own supercharger? It looks like there will be six superchargers on the pad, the four that are there now and possibly two more coming…(??). My thinking is this… no more 1A-1B split. Each stall having a full supercharger to itself. This would be quite awesome and really speed the time that each driver has to stop and supercharge with all stalls occupied. I also have 150kWh superchargers on my mind……….. and if that ever comes to reality.. then we'd be there for only a few minutes!! Now, Holy CRAP!! …...then we are really competing with ICE fuel times!!! Oh my….. how I love to think of this being a possibility!! GO TESLA!!!!!!

Last edited:
Having just driven from Seattle to the Bay Area and back, I would like to suggest that trash cans be placed at or near the superchargers. There would probably be a bit of extra paperwork and cost to arrange a trash pickup, but at several of the six superchargers I visited (twice each), I saw latte cups and other debris. The nearest trash can is often a block or two away.
Perhaps Tesla should just get started a little earlier on Mr. Fusion prototypes.

As I study the pad of superchargers I have a question. Will each of the new stalls have their own supercharger? It looks like there will be six superchargers on the pad, the four that are there now and possibly two more coming…(??). My thinking is this… no more 1A-1B split. Each stall having a full supercharger to itself. This would be quite awesome and really speed the time that each driver has to stop and supercharge with all stalls occupied. I also have 150kWh superchargers on my mind……….. and if that ever comes to reality.. then we'd be there for only a few minutes!! Now, Holy CRAP!! …...then we are really competing with ICE fuel times!!! Oh my….. how I love to think of this being a possibility!! GO TESLA!!!!!!
I would guess no, but I could and would like to be wrong!
My thinking is they'll keep things the way they are in the future. More stations would mean more people can plug in when the model S/X are out in more numbers.

The Newark DE SC is between NJ and VA. There is also a red dot on fall SC map in northern VA, and the way they are popping up it should be close to being completed unless they are running into issues.
Newark Supercharger | Tesla Motors
There was a post and has also been rumored that Edison NJ is under construction. Can someone please take a look! I'm ready to go down there and look around myself if no one posts!!! Planning trip to FL from CT in a 60 in February. I can make Newark from CT about 175 miles. But don't want to stay an hour or so to fully charge up to 208 limit between SC. I would rather stop every 150-175 miles or so for 1/2 hour and charge to 175. It will also allow me to drive above the optimal 55-65 occasionally without range anxiety.
Just need NJ, SC, GA and northern FL. A few others would not hurt also!!

It's great to see sites that have been missed by us. Looks like we may be close to having coast to coast by the end of winter and possibly sooner. I know they may a bit behind schedule, but I think they are doing a great job. I received my car in January and to have this many SC's within a year is absolutely unbelievable. You don't see anything being built or even planned by any other EV maker. And the other auto makers have greater resources than Tesla. Go Tesla!!!!