Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Supercharger network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While charging at the Tesla store in Denver today I was told that they may be getting a portable supercharger in the garage area where they currently have 2 HPWC.

It's hard to tell exactly from these pictures, Supercharger - Bethesda, MD, but it does not look like Tesla is including energy storage in the Portable Supercharger. Without energy storage in the portable unit, they will probably be needing a 480V, 200A, 3-Phase connection that will require pulling 4, 3/0-copper wires, plus ground from wherever the main electrical panel is. This doable, but certainly not a trivial, quick install... :eek:

As of now, we have Blanding UT, Normal Il and (yet to come) Wickenburg AZ as three SpC sites located in "downtown-type" locations, rather than at fast-food/hotel/shopping mall etc. areas. Any more, anyone?

Tesla adjusted the verbiage on the Supercharger page tonight to bring the description more inline with reality: from half a charge in 'about' 20 minutes to 'as little as', 16x rather than 20x faster than most chargers, and 'more than enough' to 'enough' to travel between stations.

Also the bar graph graphic is now scaled properly for the 170 miles. Previously it was scaled for 200 miles and they had just changed the "200" text to "170".

Waiting for cross country history to be made.
image.jpg

Well, calling the SC locations in tiny Lusk and Blanding 'downtown' is a bit of a stretch. :wink: :biggrin"

In fact, the Blanding location is pretty much the edge of town: drive past a couple of businesses and the cemetery, and you're on the open road.

A question to all:

When I began the Supercharger - Wickenburg AZ thread, I noted that TMInc's choice of using a public entity - the Town of W'burg and its Town Hall parking lot - as its choice of location to be either a first or almost unique. As we know, at present most US SpCs are located at fast-foods, hotels or mall parking lots.

That this one is to be in the heart of a small town that even today retains lots of small merchants - there are no chain-type vendors of any sort in the downtown area - is, to me, wonderful news.

So: are there other examples of SpC locations other than in the three main categories I gave above?

Charleston, SC is at the airport (I think)