Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We had been planning to trade in our Model 3 for a Model Y, but if they're going to do a Model X interior refresh, we'll get the Model X instead.

Any advice on ordering a Model X today and then changing the options to the new ones if they're announced on Battery Day, or else switching to a Model Y? Even if I lose the $100 deposit I would like to be one of the first with the refreshed Model X.

Reactions: gabeincal
Pretty much because in a small community like this it's easy to promote conspiracy theories. Personally, I give no credence to these constant cries of "manipulation!!!". Perhaps if people were just as vocal on fast moves up on no news then I'd believe they weren't just being paranoid. But as it stands, when the stock price goes down it's manipulation and when it goes up it's just doing what it's supposed to do.

The truth is that apart from anything else, it's a great indicator for people who need to go on ignore. Cuts down on the noise.

For weeks on end this entire year, people here have accurately predicted the closing share price on Fridays........for weeks.

Options trading and MM's pushing the stock one way or the other for their benefit is not conspiracy.

Credit Suisse and Deutsche Bank issued Battery Day previews today.

Credit Suisse raises their price target from $280 to $400.
Deutsche Bank raises their price target from $300 to $400.

View attachment 588810
View attachment 588811

giphy.gif

Credit Suisse and Deutsche Bank Junior Tesla Analyst

For weeks on end this entire year, people here have accurately predicted the closing share price on Fridays........for weeks.

Options trading and MM's pushing the stock one way or the other for their benefit is not conspiracy.

This is an undeniable fact, statistically proven.

But Bet TSLA's point still stands. The manipulation goes both ways. There is no point in crying about it either way. If you are trying to trade, then you do so with full disclosure - the game is rigged and you better figure out which side to be on.

This is an undeniable fact, statistically proven.

But Bet TSLA's point still stands. The manipulation goes both ways. There is no point in crying about it either way. If you are trying to trade, then you do so with full disclosure - the game is rigged and you better figure out which side to be on.

I'm definitely not saying that the manipulation is one sided. There's been a few times, just the other weak where it was obvious MM's were wanting a higher share price....even when markets were tanking.

Reactions: traxila
I've actually been trying to upgrade, but with the recent money printing by all government. Used cars 1 year olds are selling more than when they were bought brand new. Which means you have to pay capital gains tax. TSLA SR+ went up by quite a bit where I am. So factor that in as well.
Yeah, those oil spills are killing us. Should ban the stuff.

FYI - just in case you didn't know - Nassim Taleb "Black Swan events "

upload_2020-9-16_17-3-7.png

- and he has a Model X, BTW

upload_2020-9-16_17-1-11.png

I know it's a dense question, but why are many here so convinced there's a lot of MM mediated price manipulation? Is the SP really so grossly undervalued right now on the basis of what relatively less committed investors would be willing to pay (i.e. the marginal buyer in the market)? I imagine market making TSLA is pretty difficult given its organic volatility, immense FOMO, a large number of very committed investors, and fickle speculators. So prices can change very quickly.

Also, regarding maximum pain, I don't see why an MM who is very short let's say calls struck at $450 has any incentive to drive the share price down by further shorting. Doing so implies selling short shares at a price lower than $450; I think it would be strictly better to have the calls exercised on you, no?
Try this: The Tesla Conspiracy... or Am I a Dead Whistleblower? - EVTV Motor Verks
RIP Jack.

Daily Roundup Preview: 16 September
Posts from 15 Sep 08:37 GMT to 16 Sep 20:31 GMT
Votes as of 16 Sep 20:32 GMT

Go here to see today's full Roundtable Roundup!

Top 10 Total Positive Votes

Great effort.

It might be a good idea to promote the Top 10 Informative + Helpful list that is one of the lists when clicking on your here link. Top 10 Total Positive Votes probably has a worse useful ratio than any random days total posts.

Welp, I have helped out the bottom line... of Q4, lol. Since Hawaii deliveries aren't expected for 6-10 weeks, about the time I'll get there, and thus will be well out of Q3 by then.

Placed my order for my P100DL, a nice shiny red with cream interior. FSD, of course.

:eek: Lets see if my car will be the possible upgraded/refreshed version that may or may not come out of Battery day. If they change the interior to look like the 3/Y, I'll cancel my order and find an old gen inventory somewhere.

Fed Targets "Average Inflation" of 2%: ETF Strategies to Play

The Fed has recently made comments that suggest it will allow the yield curve to steepen to boost inflation so as to maintain a 2% annual average. So the yield curve is steepening. You can see this in TLT, an ETF that holds 20-y Treasuries. The yield steepening caused TLT to drop in value at 2:05 this afternoon.

This steepening of the yield curve could be a headwind for growth stocks like Tesla.

Welp, I have helped out the bottom line... of Q4, lol. Since Hawaii deliveries aren't expected for 6-10 weeks, about the time I'll get there, and thus will be well out of Q3 by then.

Placed my order for my P100DL, a nice shiny red with cream interior. FSD, of course.

:eek: Lets see if my car will be the possible upgraded/refreshed version that may or may not come out of Battery day. If they change the interior to look like the 3/Y, I'll cancel my order and find an old gen inventory somewhere.

Nice color choices! Congratulations.

Reactions: LN1_Casey