Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Adding ambiguity and uncertainty before a large Tesla event is not a good thing. I'm all for tempering expectations but as Singuy pointed out, it's very easy to take those tweets and reasonably say Cybrtruck, Semi, and Roadster are not going to be in actual mass production until 2022.....which is another delay. He specifically calls out those products so it's hard to see that and not expect that those are delayed.

Now investors are going into this event with questions of more than just battery day instead of focusing on battery day. Again, all for tempering expectations. Not for causing confusion amongst investors
Eh, I am not complaining about anything like a tweet considering that Musk and team has added significantly to my bank account.

Do you really? OK.

Last point and then we'll get back on topic.

If Outsiders know two or three things about Alaska, one of them is that there's no state sales tax.

However, boroughs (our "counties") and cities have the ability to levy sales taxes and there are many woebegotten tourists who learn that only at the cash register. So, all interested either in a business here or buying something here, the sales taxes in Paxson are:

Zero.

People here talking about 2022 like it's next century. 15 months is a blink of the eye

Plus they will be months early. Notice how Elon had to qualify that "volume production" by saying "serious" high-volume.

At least we know the "mind-blowing" part wont be the timing. So it will either be the improvements in the battery, the cost to produce or the intended volume (or a happy combination of all three). :)

Would someone with access to after-market charting please do so for today's TSLA activity, including notes as to when Mr Musk's tweets showed up? Volume tracking would be great, too - thank you .

The tweet time should be obvious. lol

CB71EB9B-44F1-44D6-8145-F62E557A1F73.png

Maybe Elon is front running what is now the highest voted question on SAY:

"If Tesla achieves its goal of massively increasing the world's battery production, do you envision supplying batteries to other companies? Or do you see Tesla needing everything it can produce for the foreseeable future?"

BTW as i mentioned this morning, i believe my question about battery materials will be the most relevant to a long term investor because it takes 5-7 years to bring majorly more supplies of battery materials online. Feel free to upvote it.

Say

404.45 tomorrow triggers the 'Uptick' rule.

Ding, ding, ding! We got a winner!
That's the reason for Elon's tweet. He wants to limits the short's ability to manufacture a negative market-reaction to Battery Day, so he want to blow the fuse tomorrow, that way the 'Uptick' rule is in effect for another day after BD.

BTW as i mentioned this morning, i believe my question about battery materials will be the most relevant to a long term investor because it takes 5-7 years to bring majorly more supplies of battery materials online. Feel free to upvote it.

Say

It would greatly help if you linked to your question instead of just to the event. I have no idea which question is yours.

Reactions: Jovian
Plus they will be months early. Notice how Elon had to qualify that "volume production" by saying "serious" high-volume.

At least we know the "mind-blowing" part wont be the timing. So it will either be the improvements in the battery, the cost to produce or the intended volume (or a happy combination of all three). :)

Elon tomorrow... "By serious high production, I meant 2.5 million vehicle run rate in 2022...Oops did I forget to mention that in my tweet??"

That means somewhere between 4 and 16 sites, depending on the size. (I assume they left the word "area" off the sign, and that "the LA Metro" is not a single site/location.) Is that really significant? How many sites were added so far in the LA Metro area in 2020?

So far they have opened 29 sites in California this year with an average of 15 stalls. So we are talking about ~13 new sites. (I don't know how many of those are considered in the LA Metro area.)

That doesn't seem like a big deal, more like just business as usual.

Last edited:
Do you really? OK.

Last point and then we'll get back on topic.

If Outsiders know two or three things about Alaska, one of them is that there's no state sales tax.

However, boroughs (our "counties") and cities have the ability to levy sales taxes and there are many woebegotten tourists who learn that only at the cash register. So, all interested either in a business here or buying something here, the sales taxes in Paxson are:

Zero.

And things still cost far more than in New York City or L.A. California! :confused:

Remind me how this is related to Tesla? Isn't this like your drug treatment councilor turning you on to their latest Matanuska Thunderstruck? ;)

Hahaha.
It was the logical followthrough to posts regarding Tesla's excruciatingly slow non-existent build-out of Musk-promised SpCs in Alaska, and where the most concentrated market for the Cybertruck is.

So definitely topical....though verging away. Just like most of this thread's posts.

Thanks for the question. Check your PM if you please.