Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So far they have opened 29 sites in California this year with an average of 15 stalls. So we are talking about ~13 new sites. (I don't know how many of those are considered in the LA Metro area.)
LA Metro area has one paid hotel with Urban Charger and recently completed 24/7 Urban Charger. That's it for the LA Metro area.

Last edited:
Explain pls.

Selling covered calls at a small premium to current price so you either capture the premium alone, or add some realized gains. Can separate from your long-term holdings. I use instead of fixed income allocation these days, and you can generate >50% annual return. For example, hold x shares long-term, buy y shares to write covered calls against without concern for protecting the y holding from being called. I’m doing this in Roth IRA so no issues with tax or transaction costs. Advisor is happy to facilitate as his fee is % of assets.

Last edited:
Ding, ding, ding! We got a winner!
That's the reason for Elon's tweet. He wants to limits the short's ability to manufacture a negative market-reaction to Battery Day, so he want to blow the fuse tomorrow, that way the 'Uptick' rule is in effect for another day after BD.

Feels more likely that he wants to make sure there's no way to indicate he mislead anyone following what happened to Trevor over the weekend.

Elon tomorrow... "By serious high production, I meant 2.5 million vehicle run rate in 2022...Oops did I forget to mention that in my tweet??"

I feel like everyone is discounting how important battery day is to the energy business. Given that Elon said today that existing supplier are going to continue to receive increasing order volume and that powerwalls are unavailable to 3rd party installers through March I feel like a large portion of tomorrow will be about battery day in regards to the energy business, which could easily scale up far faster than car production AND be more profitable. All while being completely unaccounted for even by the most bullish analysts at Ark.

THIS is worth +10% tomorrow:

DEE1606D-266B-4EDC-A76C-4E998F3FDF13.jpeg

Elon’s tweets are actually great news. Not only will they produce their own cells, they will swallow up the supply for others making it more expensive for the competition.

Then Tesla can sell their drivetrains and batteries to the competition for close to the same price while still making a mint. The other manufacturers win and so does Tesla.

Last edited:
That's LA County area, LA Metro means anything near Downtown LA.

Nope: Los Angeles metropolitan area - Wikipedia

The Los Angeles metropolitan area, also known as Metropolitan Los Angeles, Metro LA or the Southland,[1] is the 18th largest metropolitan area in the world and the second-largest metropolitan area in the United States.[2] It is the 3rd largest city by nominal GDP in the world with a $1 trillion+ economy. It is entirely within Southern California.

The metropolitan area is defined by the U.S. Office of Management and Budget as the Los Angeles-Long Beach-Anaheim, CA Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA), consisting of Los Angeles and Orange counties, a metropolitan statistical area used for statistical purposes by the United States Census Bureau and other agencies.[3] Its land area is 4,850 sq. mi (12,562 km2) and its estimated 2016 population was 13,310,447 (a 3.75 percent increase over the official 2010 US Census population of 12,828,837).[4]

The sign says "LA Metro" not "LA Metro Area". LA Metro is a subway/train system. So maybe they are adding chargers to the parking lots for the trains?

Notice that in the Wikipedia article says that it also is known as "Metro LA".

Reactions: replicant
Hahaha.
It was the logical followthrough to posts regarding Tesla's excruciatingly slow non-existent build-out of Musk-promised SpCs in Alaska, and where the most concentrated market for the Cybertruck is.

So definitely topical....though verging away. Just like most of this thread's posts.

Thanks for the question. Check your PM if you please.

Careful. Using that "promise" word can get you labeled as a FUD distributing short seller and members calling for your ban.