Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My greatest fear is science denial; it foretells the end of the American experiment. That said, election fidelity is the cornerstone of democracy. My hope is that the will of the American people will prevail, but not at the expense of planet Earth.

More than democracy, I hope to bequeath to my children and grandchildren a future based on the ideals of the scientific method, a future grounded upon empirical observation — a fighting chance to overcome climate change.

The evolution of technology is natural and unyielding. Sustainable transportation and renewable energy will prevail, they make great sense.

We have a job to do, a story to tell.

It’s a remarkable human being who can still be hopeful given world circumstances.

As a follow-up, I would not be surprised if there is significant legal action after the votes are finalized. MI, WI, and PA are going to be determined, it appears, by razor thin margins.

There will be all kinds of lawsuits about delayed mail, ballot harvesting, etc. but in the end, the vote will stand (the courts do NOT like to overturn ballots).

Expect the battle to drag out for weeks, possibly even to Jan, but in the end, Biden will most likely be sworn in.

Here's today's Tech chart from 09:30 EDT:

sc.TSLA.50-DayChart.2020-11-04.09-30.png

Cheers!

As a follow-up, I would not be surprised if there is significant legal action after the votes are finalized. MI, WI, and PA are going to be determined, it appears, by razor thin margins.

There will be all kinds of lawsuits about delayed mail, ballot harvesting, etc. but in the end, the vote will stand (the courts do NOT like to overturn ballots).

Expect the battle to drag out for weeks, possibly even to Jan, but in the end, Biden will most likely be sworn in.
Trump can maybe make a case on delayed mail, but I hardly see him being able to make a case on mail-in ballots that were received on time and still have to be counted.

And even so, in all those states, Biden is leading so if the counting would stop now, Biden would win.

So Trump would need to find a way to have the states track back counting up to a moment when Trump was in the lead.

It’s a remarkable human being who can still be hopeful given world circumstances.

It is Tesla that has turned me from a cynic to a hopeful futurist!

When I was younger, I disliked capitalism mainly for its use of oil in fuel and plastics. I saw them as one and the same thing. The greedy speculator barrelling oil and to hell with the consequences. Tesla has changed my mind. Looking back at the great discoveries of the early 20th Century, I thought climate change would be solved via university research departments, I never thought it would be a serial entrepreneur!

Elon is an entire justification for our capitalist system. And he understand it completely, you simply have to make eco-friendly products compelling, way better than the alternatives. Before him, everyone made excuses that this wasn't possible and the only way to be eco-friendly is to be vegan and ride bicycles.

I know Tesla can't do it on its own, but the lazy excuses are not acceptable anymore.

Ideally, I would like for the public to realize that they have been misled, and for everyone to come together and demand more objective, FACTUAL, coverage (from both sides) of politics. Right now, you turn on media coverage, for either side, and things are so . . . emotional, with really bad name calling (to put it politely). All that does is distract us from focusing on fixing the problems we face.

While we’re putting forth our Christmas Wishlist; I’d like the unicorns to be released from the barn again. I need to add some additional features to my mountain because human beings.

I'm calculating he has 270 as it stands now?

227 called, AZ 11 + NV 6 + WI 10 + MI 16 = 43... 270

Same. For some reason a similar map put me at 269 earlier. Not sure what the error is there. Probably there was a one vote Maine change or similar. I do think there's a very good possibility he wins PA or GA however it seems he doesn't need to which makes it more of a lock.

[Screen Shot 2020-11-04 at 9.19.08 AM.png

ahhh...thanks Yuri...that explains it.

• Informative
Reactions: Pezpunk
Same. For some reason a similar map put me at 269 earlier. Not sure what the error is there. Probably there was a one vote Maine change or similar. I do think there's a very good possibility he wins PA or GA however it seems he doesn't need to which makes it more of a lock.

[View attachment 605315

ahhh...thanks Yuri...that explains it.

PA he's still 500k behind - did they start the postal vote counting yet or are they still on the day ballots?